December 3, 2019

Tuesday - Cold and rainy

I ended up having a much better day than I expected to, which is a lovely thing to be able to say.

First off, the person who I sent the ornaments to received them yesterday and sent me a picture of them. She liked them, so yay for that.

I was having a draggy morning. K didn’t get up very much, she was in her nighty all day. I wasn’t sure if she was sick or tired, probably sick though. I came down at one point to use the washroom and also get kerosene. Now, the thing about this house is that the kerosene is kept in a closet just outside the toilet.  In the daytime, if you don’t want to turn on the light outside the closet, you open the toilet room door.  There are windows in the toilet room, so you can see.  No cost.  Well, today I used the washroom, came out to wash my hands and left the door open because I was just going to fill up the kerosene tank.  I was washing my hands when K comes barrelling out of the living room to close the toilet room door.  I think she said something to me about it, but it didn’t register on me.  I finished washing up and came out and pointed to the tank on the floor to let her know that I wasn’t being lazy leaving the door open, there was a reason!  She did have the good grace to apologize.

I had a quiet morning. I got really sleepy so I even took a nap for a while.  I went downstairs later and grabbed my lunch, brought it upstairs and started to eat.  While I was eating I got a text from my friend in the next town. She wanted to know if I was free for an impromptu meet up.  Of course I was! 

She picked me up and we drove out to the Mikawa shopping centre.  She went to look at frames for eyeglasses, I came with her.  While I was there, I noticed that my watch had stopped working. Yikes! I just had a new battery put in, so what was up with that?  I’ll have to find out. I reset it but over the day it has stopped about five times.  I wanted to use it on my trip back to Canada, so I’m a little worried about it now.

She looked at kid’s clothes, I went to the post office and mailed off the Christmas Cards I wrote yesterday. Yay for me.

We had a cup of coffee in the Doutor there but then it was time for her to leave. It was sad to see her go, so we hugged in case we don’t see each other before Christmas.

I spent a bit of time exploring the mall. I looked at crafts, I looked at clothing for me, even tried some on. It fitted, but I decided to check my own wardrobe first.  I need something to wear on the plane, a shirt specifically.  I tried on a couple of t-shirt style tops, which were cotton and quite nice. They had ¾ length sleeves, which I like, but…the reason I didn’t get one was it had a synthetic lining in the front. I have no idea why it had a lining, it doesn’t make any sense at all. It was a thick cotton and not see-through at all. Hmm. I decided to search through my clothes at the house. I have so many that I really should be able to find something appropriate.

I was keeping an eye on the time. I had texted F and asked him if he’d pick me up at the mall.  I told him if I didn’t hear from him by 6 I would catch a bus back to Tsuruoka.  I did hear from him and he said he’d pick me up. Yay.

It wasn’t too much later that he texted me again and asked where I was. Of course, he was at the far end of the mall, so I said I’d meet him.  I did and we had a bit of a tentative reunion.  Both of us were still a bit annoyed from last night.  

I asked him to check out a bookstore for me. I decided not to get the something in the store yet, maybe next week? We walked back through the mall and went to the grocery store for drinks and then we left the mall.  

We drove back to Tsuruoka. It was quiet in the car. I told F that we needed to go to the grocery store as I needed food for tomorrow’s lunch and also dinner.  He said it was okay. His stomach was bad today so he didn’t want to eat any of my stew.  

K did get up as I was reheating in. She popped into the kitchen to say goodnight, but I asked if she’d like a bit of stew.  She said only a little. I asked her to wait a few minutes and she went back to the living room.  I made some toast for her and had the stew almost ready when she came back in. I think she was tired of waiting so she wanted to go to bed. I showed her that the stew was nearly ready so she grabbed a much smaller bowl than I was going to use, turned down the toast and I gave her some stew.  She went into the living room and I stayed in the kitchen. Yes, the room was cold, but I didn’t mind too much.  

The stew was good and there’s a little bit left for tomorrow.  Yay. Stew on toast for lunch??

I washed up and then went upstairs.  F was in bed, but not asleep because he was using his phone! A few minutes later we went out to the grocery store and picked up a few things. I got something for dinner tomorrow night, we’ll have to see if F thinks he can eat it or not. 

F had got a few things to eat tonight for himself at the store, so he ate. I took a shower and then settled in to watch a couple of things.  We’re much friendlier than we were yesterday, although we aren’t completely back to normal yet.

Tomorrow I have a few things that I really need to do. I’ve added on to my list of things, so I hope I can get a few things accomplished.  Going out to the big mall and mailing my cards was a good thing.  Come back a bit later and see how Wednesday is. Until tomorrow….

No comments: