December 7, 2019

Saturday - Sunny and warmish

We all slept in late this morning. I woke up early, switched on my oil heater and went back to sleep. I woke up at 11 terribly surprised that I slept that late.

F went out to his doctor for a bit. His stomach was bad today, so I think it was a good thing. He came back around 12:30 or 1 pm I think.  He wanted to go for lunch today so I suggested Arpeggio. It’s a fairly new Japanese restaurant on Ginza-dori run by a musician.  We’ve seen her in concert a couple of times at the aquarium.  We all bundled in the car and went to see if we could get in.  We could, and did.  For the first time since F and I started going there, we got to sit at a different table! I had my “usual”, soboru on rice, K had curry rice and F had oyakodon.  I think K chose hers because it was the cheapest thing on the menu. I hate that kind of attitude. Have what you damn well want!

We drove K back to the house after checking that she didn’t want to do any shopping. F let her in and then we went off to have a little fun.  We went to S-Mall and I got something for a friend in Canada.  Then, we went for coffee or tea at Doutor. F charged up my coffee card too, which was nice of him.  After a while I remembered that I did need to visit the hundred yen shop after all, so off we went. I bought some velcro and that was it!

We bought some bentos for dinner in the grocery store downstairs and then took them all back to the house. On the way back to the house we stopped at a conbini for me to buy some more nengajo.  I don’t need a huge amount but do need some. I hope I have time to write them all before I go!

 F heated the bentos up, I changed and then ran the bentos to the table.  We had a decent meal. I made a bad choice for a change and didn’t really enjoy my food.  After dinner, F washed the dishes and I dried, then we came upstairs. 

We vegged for a while and I worked on joining the two parts of my ornament from the other day. I got them joined and the beads on the corners, but I ran out of time before I finished it completely. 

Around 8:30 we drove off to the Tsuruoka Cinema and went to see Upgrade, a science fiction film from Australia.  I think I was the only female in the room, and a couple rows in front of us was a man snoring through the whole movie! However, I really liked it. It had some interesting ideas and wasn’t the usual sort of thing. The lead actor reminded me a lot of Tom Hardy.  Anyway, it was good. Not the best movie ever, but pretty good for something with a cast that I’d never heard of!

We came back to the house and had a quiet evening in. I finished the ornament…hopefully, I’ll get some pictures on Monday so you know what I’m talking about! F was on his computer but may have fallen asleep, I’m not sure.


Not sure what is going to happen tomorrow.  F wants to take his mother to the onsen in the morning, but he said that last weekend too and slept in instead!  We’ll see!  Come back later if you feel like and see what happened. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: