January 19, 2020

Sunday - Warmish with a little rain

F went to bed before me last night, but I wasn’t even that late. I think I went to bed around 12:30. I woke up around 6 I think and I noticed that he was watching videos on his computer. Sigh.  He’d woken up and wasn’t sure what day it was. He panicked a bit because he thought it was Monday, then relaxed when it wasn’t.

I finally dragged myself out of bed for good around 10, F was a bit later! He made his mother some breakfast and then the two of us went out for brunch. We tried to go to a new restaurant, but the parking lot was full. We ended up going to the Daiichi Hotel for a nice lunch. The only problem for me was that all of their specials had tomatoes in them!  All of them. I ended up eating the one that I thought had the least and picking them out.  I had a bacon and cabbage and dried tomato pepperoncino pasta.  It was really good.  F had the fish and his looked nice, even with a tomato sauce. We both had the salad bar and a small dessert and coffee. 

Before going to the restaurant, we’d put my watch in to have a new battery installed, we picked it up on the way out. We discussed going to a movie and then decided to get K a bento at the grocery shop in case she got hungry.

We picked up some nice things for her, drove them to the house and delivered them. F was taking his own sweet time and the movie was starting soon.  We got to the cinema a scant 4 minutes before it started. He got the tickets and I got the popcorn and drinks. The only problem, I got one big bucket of popcorn and we weren’t sitting together. Dufus husband had picked our seats across the aisle from each other.  Say what? We could have sat together at the side but he chose to put me in the main part of the theatre and he took the side. To be honest, I was really upset.  I know that he likes to have us sit one seat apart for his back, but it just seemed rather horrid to do that to me.  

We had gone to see Ford v. Ferrari. I liked the movie a lot, didn’t really like the seating arrangement. Every time I felt like it, I handed the popcorn bucket over for him to grab some. 

After the movie, we went for dinner in Foodever. I had gapao rice from the meat place, F had noodles from the soba place. We both seemed happy with our food. Unfortunately though, F decided that it was really important to watch videos on his phone with an earphone in. I tried talking to him several times but wasn’t heard or was ignored, not sure which. 

We picked up some groceries for tomorrow night and then some kerosene for the house.  We got back to the house and F asks if it is okay if he went to the onsen. Of course it was. He asked if I wanted to go and I didn’t. He said he’d ask his mother. Fine.

We go in, he unloads the kerosene, I start putting away the groceries.  Then, I started to clean out the fridge as I told him I would tonight.  They left and I finished doing the garbage and decided to take a nice relaxing shower. 

I was just about to take shower when I heard the door open.  F had spent all his money earlier and couldn’t afford to go to the onsen tonight. Ha ha ha. 

Of course then his mother wanted to put her stuff away in the bathroom that I was trying to use so that wasn’t annoying at all. Finally she was done and I took a not very relaxing and much too short shower. 

I went upstairs afterwards and watched a little TV. Then I found out more bad news. My favourite TV channel, D-Life is going to end at the end of March because of the whole Disney channel thing. What on earth will I do?  Seriously, I watch so much D-Life that I am not sure about my survival after it goes.

That’s really about it. F watched TV downstairs which was a good thing that he stayed out of my way. I can’t believe that I came back to all this crap. Losing my favourite channel seems like the worst thing ever. I kid, but only a little. 

Tomorrow I have to make a stew for dinner, but I have stuff for my lunch too. Breakfast should be okay. I’m also really happy that I threw out a bunch of crap from the fridge and freezer. It needed to go so badly. There still is a bunch in there, but I’ll leave it for another time.


Come back later if you like for more whininess and whinging.  Until tomorrow….

1 comment:

Orchid64 said...

I'm not sure if this would be something you'd enjoy or want to spend a little money on, but you should be able to get a VPN (PIA is something like $40/year or less) and sign up for an online service in Canada or America (Netflix, Disney+, Brtitbox, whatever) for about $11/month (or less). PIA is very, very easy to set up on your computer and lets you say you are in any country you like.

I think it's no surprising that, given your isolation there, you'd be really upset about losing a channel you enjoy so much on TV. It's a cultural lifeline in many ways. I'm sorry that happened.