January 20, 2020

Monday - Cool and rainy/snowy

I woke up early this morning but managed to get back to sleep for a while. After F left, I stayed in bed for a bit but watched the news on TV. 

I debated doing some laundry today but talked myself out of it. Tomorrow should be fine. I had a quiet morning, I didn’t see K at all today until dinnertime. I barely even heard her.

I watched quite a few morning TV programmes and in the afternoon put on some stuff from the DVR. That meant I had some Walking Dead and some Handmaid’s Tale which is a strange combination!

I had a busy day on my computer today. I got a few ideas worked out for my next column and I started in on the cull of my online Yahoo group that I moderate. I contacted a few people and happily, some of them have got back to me with the news that they have already renewed. Yay for that.

F texted me in the afternoon to say he wanted to take time off and go to the doctor. I told him it was a good idea.  His neck has been bothering him again. He called a bit later to say he was going to the doctor and would be home afterwards.

I watched the news and then went downstairs to do my dishes and start dinner. F made it back before I had done too much, so he was around for most of the cooking. For a change, it was fine! Usually, he just gets in my way, but tonight we were helping each other and joking around. It was lovely really. We had the food on the table in not too long and then we all ate dinner.

I had made a chicken fricassee from a Japanese roux and it was very nice. We had lots of veggies in it and I served it with a side salad, so that was good too.

F washed the dishes afterwards while I put the rest of the stew in the fridge. I dried the dishes and we had the kitchen tidied up quite quickly. I thought we were going to go out, but later F said that he didn’t want to go. I didn’t mind too much. I watched Bake-Off and a bit later found the first Harry Potter movie on WOWOW so we both watched and enjoyed that. It still stands up I think.

And that was about it for the day. Tomorrow I have to do some laundry and work on my column. I’d like to also look at the cull of another group that I belong to to see if it needs doing or not. 


Anyway, for a change, I feel really tired, so I’m off to bed.  Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: