January 21, 2020

Tuesday - Colder and a bit snowy

I got up this morning and watched the news from my boudoir, more or less. Actually, it was just from my bed. I stayed under the covers until the room warmed up. It did eventually!

I watched a few of the morning TV programmes and also did a couple of loads of laundry. I hope it all dries before the weekend as I want to take my pants to the mall to be hemmed. 

K was up today, which was a nice thing. When she stays in bed all day I get quite worried about her. I bumped into her a couple of times today. She does a weird thing that I worry about. She heats up water on the stove and then takes it through to the bathroom to have a wash there. I think she thinks it is cheaper than just turning on the water heater. The water heater that I have on all the time now because I can’t stand the freezing cold water. I dunno. My biggest worry is that she’ll spill the hot water all over herself and really hurt herself. The problem is that she just won’t listen to anyone else about dangers like that.

Anyway, during the day I watched a couple of shows off the DVR and I wrote a couple of reviews on my column. Hurray for me. More than a couple actually. I’m not done yet, but it is going well enough.

I did work a little on the cull of one of my on-line groups, I checked the members to see if they were still in our group. Most were. Yay.

I went downstairs around 5:30 to do my dishes and start heating up the stew. F came back to the house without calling. I wasn’t too pleased as we’d pre-arranged that I would ask him to go shopping for me!  He did obligingly go out and pick up a couple of things for me, so that was nice of him. 

While he was gone I was busy. I cooked some of the frozen broccoli and added it to the stew, and I got all the things out that would be needed to serve the meal. When F came back I sent him off to get changed and put the salad in the bowls. 

We had most of the leftover stew for dinner with some rice and a side salad. It got good reviews, so I’m happy. It was a nice one. F gave me a hand with the dishes afterwards, so that was nice too. 

F wanted to go to the onsen and he wanted to take his mother as well. I tagged along to get some lobby/knitting/reading time and it was nice. I read a bit, listened to music for a while, and read part of my book.  I enjoyed myself. We dropped K off back at the house and then went to Mina for a little grocery shop.

I picked up some frozen food for dinner tomorrow and also suggested to F that he get something for his mother’s lunch. What did he do? He grabbed a bunch of food for himself to eat tonight. Say what? I asked him before we went through the checkout what he had got for his mother’s lunch and he hadn’t go anything. Hmm.  He did have the good grace to go back and pick up a few things.

We came back to the house and put away the groceries. I headed upstairs and started watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. It was so good! I made some tea for myself and settled in to watch. F had some sushi and then had some noodles too. So, he had stew for dinner, and then sushi and noodles for second dinner. Is it me or is that weird?

After the movie, I took a shower and then came back to the room to blog and get ready for bed. That was my day. It wasn’t too bad. It was nice not to have to do a ton of cooking tonight because I just had to reheat the stew. Yay for that. 


And that’s it for me. Come back later if you like and see what happens around here. Until tomorrow….

No comments: