January 22, 2020

Wednesday - Clear and sunny

I woke up this morning very early because a light was shining in my direction. I had to go downstairs, and then I got back into bed. I tried talking to F but he was a bit grumpy. I think he wanted an extra five minutes of sleep, but I had wanted another hour or more!

He left early for work and I fell asleep again. I got up later and watched the news and decided that the earlier news is better for me as it has more news in English. There is news from Australia, the UK, Singapore and maybe even the Philippines.  

When I got up, I had a quiet morning really. I watched some TV and checked my groups and read through Facebook, the usual. I didn’t see K for most of the day again. I got some mail today, I re-activated my Postcrossing account again and I got a Gotochi card from Japan today. Yay. I even managed to work on my column a little too. Hurray for me.

I went downstairs to get started on dinner around 6pm. A few minutes later, F called to say he was coming back to the house. I pulled a few things together for dinner and it worked out quite well. We had a fish stir-fry from the grocery store. I had to defrost it before I cooked it. I also cooked some frozen vegetables and made a butter-soy sauce for it. K and F had miso soup, I skipped it. Dinner was quite good.  

F gave me a hand with the dishes again and then we went upstairs for a few minutes. F wanted to go out, so we headed off to the local drugstore. I told him to go in first while I headed across the street to mail a postcard at the Post Office mailbox. I came back and we did a little shopping.

We bought so much stuff that the small shopping bag that F had brought into the store with him was full. I had another bag in my purse so we used that too. We left the store and came back to the house.

At the house, we got ready to watch Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban which was on tonight. It was great. Of course, I’d spent Christmas holidays watching lots of Harry Potter, but it was nice to see the whole thing from the beginning. 

And that’s about it for my day. I’ve been enjoying the Harry Potter movies on WOWOW this week, and so has F. It’s funny how I can hardly ever get him to sit and watch movies with me, but a certain magical lad draws him in.  

Tomorrow I’m planning to cook dinner again, probably pasta but I might make some soup to go with it and the salad. Might being the prime word here. 


Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: