January 25, 2020

Saturday - Clear and mostly sunny
Happy Robert Burns Day!

I had a mostly good day today. I’m in a bit of pain still from my dental work that was done, but apart from that, today was a fairly good day.

F and I slept in. He didn’t get up and take his mother to the onsen. He also decided not to go to Yamagata tomorrow. Sigh. Was hoping to go, but…

He made some food for his mother and then decided to take me out. He suggested Hyakkenbori which was a good suggestion. We both had nice meals, slightly different riffs on the same thing. I had chicken ochazuke and he had tuna ochazuke.  Basically, we got a dish of food and then when we were nearly finished we could put it in our rice bowl and then add some pickles and stuff and then pour tea all over it. It was good!


Original Tray from Restaurant

Ochazuke version 

F's Tuna Tray. He had rice underneath the tuna, different from mine!


F's Ochazuke version


We had a little time after our meal before my dental appointment so we went to the Chido Museum. Their display today was moderately interesting for me. They had some scrolls on offer. Half of them were art works, half were calligraphy. I didn’t mind the art at all.  As usually happens, we went to check out the garden afterward.  It really is lovely. I think of it as my surrogate garden!
We have NO SNOW this year! The trees are tied up to prevent damage from the snow.


We went to the dentist then and basically from 2 until 4:30 or longer, I was being worked on. She removed a couple of my crowns and gave me temporary ones. She wanted me to replace them with ceramic crowns, but the cost was huge and they aren’t covered by insurance. They are at the back of my mouth so I don’t think they’ll be highly visible anyway. I’m going with the ones that we can use insurance for!

We picked up a bit of food for F’s mother’s dinner and dropped it off. After that, we drove out to Mikawa Mall. We went into the mall and I had 4 pairs of new pants measured and put in for shortening at the repair place. They do a great job and it’s a hard one to do by myself, so I’m okay with it. 

We left the mall and went over to Don Quixote for a while. F wanted something electronic for his phone and I was looking for interesting cereal or whatever. I got a couple of cheap toothbrushes and did get a bit of cereal too. Yay. We left the store with a lot of stuff in one bag. 

We went back to the mall and had dinner at the pasta place. The freezing had worn off my mouth, but I still had to eat rather gingerly as my jaw hurts. I had carbonara and so did F, they were different types though. I liked mine a lot.

We went upstairs and bought our movie tickets. We had a little time before the film, so we went to the bookstore. We didn’t buy anything, but we did think about it. 

We got some drinks for the film and then went in to see Cats. F said he liked it and I believe him, I was kinda bored. I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t love it either. I loved some of the performances, however, but it just seemed to go on and on. 

After the movie, we left the theatre. F said he wanted to go back to Don Quixote. I thought he was joking but he wasn’t. He hadn’t checked out the ramen. Yes, he was serious. And a bit of an idiot. But, he’s mine, what can I say?  We went back and spent a few minutes getting him some ramen.

We drove back to Tsuruoka and came back to the house. We spent quite a while getting the rooms upstairs warmed up and on our individual computers. F has gone to bed and he’s vowing to get up and take his mother to the onsen in the morning. I hope I’ll be sleeping. I took an OTC pain pill when I came back here, I’ll look up the instructions and see if I can take another one now. I don’t want to overdo it. 

So that was my day. It was pretty darn good, despite the dentist stuff.  Come back later if you like and see what I get up to on Sunday. Until tomorrow….


No comments: