January 26, 2020

Sunday - Warmish and clear

We stayed up much too late last night so this morning we slept in quite late. F shook a leg earlier than me and took his mother off to the onsen. I got up and had some tea. I decided that they’d probably be back in an hour or so and we’d go out for lunch, so I didn’t have breakfast. 

F and his mother got back around 2:45. Then, he wanted to know where I wanted to eat, even though he had eaten something. I wasn’t too pleased but suggested the Gusto near Yamaya since I wanted to go shopping there. I kinda needed to use the washroom but decided I’d wait until we got to the restaurant. 

On the way to the restaurant, F said he needed to buy gas and sure enough, the gas-light in the car was on.  (Why does he do that?) I thought it would be a simple, quick task, but no. It wasn’t. We drove into the new station and of course, it was wall to wall cars. F had to sign up for a customer card and then they gave him two cartons of tissues (five boxes each!). That took ages as he couldn’t get his phone to work. Then he parked the car. Huh? He asked me to go into the station with him. Eye roll. We got in and it seemed that he was applying for yet another credit card. (They pass them out to F like they are candy.) Next thing I know, F is filling out a form for ME to get a credit card. I’m bewildered, but since I’m always, ALWAYS whining about not having a credit card in Japan sort of glad. I was a little less glad when he told the woman that a major department store had turned me down for one.  He didn’t mention it was 18 years ago and I didn’t have PR at the time. I’m not sure if they’ll give me one, but I would really like one. I just don’t know that a gas station credit card was my best choice, however. I still needed to use the washroom.  We were given some frozen crab and MORE tissues. We got 5 more cartons of tissues. 

We finally got to the restaurant and it was after 4 pm. I hadn’t eaten all day!  I wasn’t too happy. I made a beeline for the washroom, then came back and ordered my meal.  The food was okay, I had a mixed grill and shared an order of fries with F.  He had a noodle dish that he didn’t like much.

After our meal, we went to Yamaya and I picked up a few things. I got some tea, some snacks, some nice cheese, and some pasta sauces. Hurray for that. We went over to the hundred yen shop and I ordered a towel that I had collected stamps for. It’s just a little one, but looked nice. We then went to another two hundred yen stores looking for a car garbage bag. F had two hanging garbage bags that we put behind our seats. One mysteriously vanished while I was away. We couldn’t find one that would do, sad to say. 

We went to the grocery store and I picked up a few things for lunch and tomorrow’s dinner. I also got a jar of Real Mayonnaise from the US.  Japanese mayo is okay, but I’m not a huge fan. We also got K a bento.

We went back to the house, took all of those tissue boxes out of the car and put the groceries away. F gave his mother the bento and then we headed out again.

We went to the Internet Cafe and got massaging chairs for the next 3 hours. It was quite enjoyable. We also had our dinner there. Both of us had the yaki-curry, which was baked curry. I had mine with eggplant and spinach, F had one with beef. My lunch had a lot of meat, so I didn’t need it for dinner. I watched quite a bit of YouTube. I did do a bit of knitting, but not that much.

We came back to the house when our time was up. I relaxed for a few minutes then sorted out the garbage in my part of the room and let F deal with his.  Then, I went downstairs and did the kitchen garbage.  I took a shower and then came back upstairs. 

That’s about it. Tomorrow I have to cook dinner, but also I need to work on my column a bit more. It’s nearly done…after I finish I’ll have to polish it a bit. 

Oh, my jaw update…my jaw is a little tender still, but I didn’t have to take any pain medication today. I think it is a little swollen to be honest. My bite feels off too, but I think that is to be expected.

Also, the moral for today is if you have to use the toilet…go BEFORE you leave the house. Always good advice!


Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: