February 12, 2020

Wednesday - Clear and sunny

I woke up this morning around 7 when F was getting up. I made a quick trip downstairs and then kissed hubby goodbye. I snoozed until 8 and got up and watched some news. 

I had a fairly productive morning as I did a couple of loads of laundry. K was nowhere in sight again.

I worked a bit on my pink cowl today and got the rest of the casting off done. Yay.  I also did a bit of the magic scrap ball shawl today too. It’s growing quite nicely.

I had a relaxing day, and I did watch quite a bit of stuff off the DVR. I need to do more tomorrow. 

It was a bit late when I went downstairs to start dinner. I was making bangers and mash and I hadn’t peeled any of the potatoes. Sigh.  I got them peeled and started cooking them before F got back. I was fairly organized I thought, but I didn’t know how to make the gravy as I was using a Japanese packet.  F told me, so that was good. He was tired and dizzy again but didn’t retire to bed for the night. 

We had our bangers and mash with some salad, and then had frozen blueberries with whipped cream for dessert.  It was a nice meal, but K and F both felt the need to add in some sekihan so I was a little annoyed.

I did the majority of the dishes before F came in to rescue me from them. Or is it that he is rescuing himself from the “unrinsed” dishes? Whatever. I was doing fine without him. 

I went upstairs when I was finished. F followed soon after, or he was up here first, I can’t remember. He was in bed, playing with his computer again. I think he snoozed a bit. I watched some TV.

I went downstairs around 10pm and did up the garbage for the house. I tossed quite a bit of food. F and his sister had bought K food for when we were away. Instead of putting it in the fridge, she left it all on the table. The temperature has been cold, but not a steady temperature and some of the food was getting older. It needed to be gone. I did check with F about some older fish that was in the fridge, he said it was okay to go. If I hadn’t and it was his special stuff he’d never let me hear the end of it. 

After the garbage was done, I took a shower and then came back upstairs for tonight’s episode of New Amsterdam. It was good.  

F has finally gone to sleep I think. I hope I don’t wake him up when I go to bed in a few minutes.  

No idea what’s on the schedule for tomorrow. I have to try and cook something for dinner without actually having bought anything. I love those kinds of dinners.  Not. 


Come back later if you are interested and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: