March 22, 2020

Sunday - Rainy-drizzly sort of day

F and I slept in very late today. We’d gone to bed very late last night. I went somewhere around 4 I think, but even that was earlier than Friday, so good I guess? 

We slept in very, very late and then F got up to make lunch for his mother. He had a bit too apparently, then took me out for lunch. We went to a place near my first apartment in Tsuruoka and had an okay lunch there. F had cheese toast, so he ate a little something and I had my usual dish. The only problem with the usual dish is that today it wasn’t as great as usual. Usually, they serve it on a spitting hot metal plate…today not so hot. The green beans in the dish were cold…so not what I wanted.  Anyway, it was fine, just not as great as I hoped it would be.

We did a few other things after lunch. We went to the craft shop. I ogled some yarn but ultimately didn’t buy anything. I have yarn at the house, I need to use more of that before I buy more. We went to the Mall to get a coffee and then after a while I picked up some meat, F got a bento for his mother and then we brought it back to the house for her. 
F wanted sushi for dinner tonight. The best place has seating that is very close together around the revolving sushi, so I didn’t think it was a good idea. We ended up at one of the other places and had a table near where the sushi comes out from the back. 

We had an okay meal, but I wouldn’t call it a great one. Some of the sushi was nice, but F is a bit of a snob. He complained about the rice and some of the fish. Same as usual then.

We bought a few more groceries on the way back to the house. I’m going to make another stew tomorrow night and then F just has to heat it up on Tuesday night for his mother and himself. I’ll be at work if all goes well so it will work out nicely for him after work.

We came back to the house and stayed in. We watched Guardians of the Galaxy again in the evening. It’s a fun film. I did a bit of crochet too, which I very much enjoyed doing. I haven’t done any in a bit. 

Oh, did I mention that I’ve been asked to teach a few classes in April too? I really hope that it works out okay. It will help make up for the classes that were cancelled this month because of the Corona Virus. 

From being in the restaurant and some of the other places we go, Japanese people just don’t seem to have heard of social distancing. When F was paying tonight, a woman came and stood directly behind him…when we were at the cinema concession stand yesterday a guy was flitting between cashiers and was again, standing directly behind F.  I feel like blowing a whistle and pushing people away! 

Anyway, that’s it for me. Tomorrow I want to transplant my little avocado plant into a real pot and hopefully get started on my lesson planning for Tuesday. 


Come back later if you want and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: