March 23, 2020

Monday - Clear but cold, snow at night

I work up before my alarm this morning. F had made a lot of noise…no big deal really. I went downstairs and then came back upstairs to watch the news.

I managed to drag myself out of bed a little earlier than I have for a while so that was good. I watched Jamie Oliver, who is now on in the mornings. I enjoyed it but won’t be able to make his recipes as I don’t have the ingredients. 

I did something a little different today. I took my avocado seed out to the shed and I potted it today. It’s been growing in the window for a while, but the weather wasn’t warm enough to take it outside. I watered it after I had put the soil in the pot and left it outside for a while in a sheltered place from the wind. 

I had breakfast and watched a bit of TV.  Then, I took a nap. I couldn’t keep my eyes open. I tried. I napped for much too long but finally got up.  I had lunch and then started to work on my lessons for tomorrow. 

I managed to get them both planned out. I know that they might not all get taught that way, but I’d rather have at least a basic plan of what I want to do than show up with no ideas in mind. 

Around 5 pm I went downstairs to get started on dinner. Before I did that, I brought in my plant. I found a new spot for it upstairs on my DVD rack. I put it on a plastic dish and left it. 

I made another stew today. I’m working tomorrow night and it means that F can just reheat the stew for his mother’s dinner (and probably his too) without too much trouble. F called me while I was prepping things and said he’d be back soon. He was.  

After he came downstairs he said that my plant needed more water and he was going to take it outside and water it again. Ack.  I had carefully brought it in so that it wouldn’t get cold and I didn’t really want to water it so late in the evening. He wasn’t too happy with me for not letting him do what he wanted, but honestly. Every time I get a plant he takes it over and does what he wants with it. It was my blooming seed!  I wanted to grow it myself, thanks anyway.

Anyway, I made the stew. F helped by doing the rice and we had dinner on the table before 7 pm. Not too bad I think. 

We did the dishes after dinner and then I went upstairs to change. We went out for a brief visit to get some gas for the car and hit up a drugstore too. We didn’t find what we were looking for, but did find some chocolate so that was nice!

We came back to the house and had a quiet evening in. I took a shower a little earlier than usual and then watched some TV. No big deal. 

I did water my plant a little more. I think he was right when he said it needed more water, I just didn’t want to take it outside. 

That’s about it for today. Tomorrow I’ll check in on my plant and then see if it is warm enough to put outside for a bit. It snowed tonight so that isn’t an obvious thing. 

I have work in the evening too, so I hope that’ll go well. Wish me luck!


Until tomorrow….

No comments: