March 24, 2020

Tuesday - Snowy and cold

Before bed last night, F called my attention to the snow that had fallen. Well, this morning, it was still there! Bleck. It stayed most of the day, although the snow on the roads melted fairly quickly.

I was in bed before Fumihiko. Well, no, he was in bed before me, but I tried to fall asleep before he did! He tried to go to sleep soon after that, but he was cold so I turned on the heater for him.

When I woke up this morning he was already gone. I felt bad that I hadn’t heard him at all. I got up at my usual time and watched the news from the bed again. Sometimes I just want to pull the covers over my head and sleep until 2021.  

I got up and watched Jamie Oliver. He does some interesting things with food. Sadly for me, quite a few of his ingredients are hard to source here in the boondocks.  Harissa paste anyone? Maybe in Sendai but doubtful in Tsuruoka. 

I had an okay morning. I had breakfast, I watered my plant a little and then I got a text from F saying that he was going to take the afternoon off. Sigh. His back was bad again so he wanted to take time off. Okay, no problem. 

I did a few things in the room, I got my clothes for work all set out. It was a good thing I started early as I had to really search for my new cardigan that I wanted to wear today. I found it. Whew. 

When F came back to the house, instead of just going to the doctor as I assumed he would, he went to bed with his computer. Okay then. He fell asleep. No biggie.  

Around 3 pm I went downstairs and grabbed some lunch and brought it upstairs. I had my usual lunch but added on an extra piece of toast since I wouldn’t be able to eat until late. 

After I ate my lunch F apologized for not taking me out for lunch. It really was fine. I don’t have a good record with him taking me out for lunch before MY work, so I wouldn’t have gone anyway. 

I got dressed for work after 5 pm because I wanted to watch the news today. It was pretty good actually. They ran the PBS news longer than usual and didn’t put Nightline on afterwards, they used the ABC news. I think I prefer that. 

I got ready for work, I ran a few things downstairs so I was ready to go. I was using the washroom when the doorbell rang. F answered the door and I tried calling out to see if it was my taxi. It was…but he didn’t tell me right away. Ack. As I went to the door to grab my coat, backpack and purse and put on my nice shoes F said something about me being nervous. Well, yes, I am actually. I haven’t taught at this place for a year, you are at the house and are getting in my way and just generally being not very supportive at all. I said I was nervous and left. 

Work was fine though. When I got there, I found out that my last class’s students had called in to say they’d be absent. Oh.  Surprise. I took my paperwork for the first class and went to the classroom to set up. I called the company I work for and asked what I should do. They told me that I could just leave after my first class. I’m sure I won’t get paid for the second class, but I was ready for it. I called my husband and asked him if he’d pick me up at the new earlier time. He said he would. Yay!

Only one student showed up, but we had a good class, mostly discussion. After class finished, I cleaned up the classroom, turned in my paperwork and left.  

F was waiting for me in the parking lot and off we went. I asked to go to Cocos for dinner and that’s what we did. I had a Caribbean spicy chicken which was quite spicy and very nice, F had a Japanese style meal which he complained about. The fried fish wasn’t fresh enough for him…why he orders fish in a family restaurant, I do not know. 

After our meal, which lasted forever as F would not leave…too much YouTube…We went over to the grocery store across the street and I picked up a few things for dinner tomorrow night and some salads for my lunch. F will be late tomorrow night so I’ll be doing kitchen duty with K.  

F was supposed to heat up my lovely stew for him and his mother but instead took her out for ramen with him. He’s lost his bloomin’ mind! There’s a pandemic and he takes his 80-something-year-old mother to a ramen shop? Well, at least it wasn’t my idea. I will be able to heat up the stew for K and me tomorrow night! Yum.


Well, that’s a pretty longwinded way of saying that my day was okay. I’m not sure what I’ll get up to on Wednesday. I might do a bit of crafting/mending for F or I might go for a walk in the park just to get out of the house. That will depend on the weather. Come back later if you like and read how my day goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: