April 25, 2020

Saturday - Sunny and warm

It was a full, active day today, believe it or not! I got up around 8:30 and was in an empty house. F had taken his mother out. I used my free time to get dressed in peace, have breakfast and relax a little. 

F and K came back to the house. They weren’t able to go to an onsen as they were all closed! The one that wasn’t was only open for people who lived in the area, not out of area people like them! Instead, F went up to the old onsen that is now closed, Ikoinomura, to see the tulips. He offered to take me later if I wanted.

We went out to see our doctor. It was fine, but we had to stay in the car until it was our time to go in. I had a blood test, which I asked them to do while I was lying down. I’ve had a couple of woozy moments when I do it sitting up, so thought this was better. It was fine. 

F and I left after picking up prescriptions etc and made our way to Starbucks for a little drink. It’s only take-out available now, but it was still nice to have a drink in the car.



We picked up some gas for the car and then went for lunch. We went to the place near the post office, that F swore he hated a couple of weeks ago. It was his suggestion today. Hmm.  We got take out for his mother too. After we ate and paid, we delivered the food and then went out again.

We went to Ikoinomura to see the lovely tulips.  There weren’t as many as there used to be, but there was still a lot. It also wasn’t as crowded as it has been in years past. Everyone, including moi was wearing a mask. Some of the colours or shapes of the tulips were amazing. They didn’t look the way I think tulips do!








After our time at the park, we drove down to the beach. We didn’t go on the beach as we didn’t have proper footwear or clothing, but we did sit and look at the ocean for a while. That was nice. 

We ended up going to Mikawa Mall after the ocean. The big department store was open, but the food courts and the mall itself wasn’t. We bought ourselves a few groceries for dinner and then came back to the house.

It was too early to eat when we got back, neither of us was hungry, so we stowed the food and went upstairs. I took a nap that went on a bit too long, then got up and got things on the table for dinner.

F and I cleaned up and then I zoomed upstairs for a zoom meeting. I met up with some members of my woman’s group. It was fun, even though I didn’t talk much.

And that was about it. I watched a little TV, I checked out some internet sites and now I’m planning to get some sleep soon.

Not exactly sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow, come back and find out! Until tomorrow….

No comments: