April 7, 2020

Tuesday - Cloudy and then rainy

I woke up on time this morning, made a trip downstairs and then came back to bed to watch the news. Once the news was over, I am afraid I took a bit of a nap. I overslept more than I meant to as well.

I grabbed my breakfast and then came back upstairs. I had a fairly quiet day today. I watched two episodes of Project Runway, and I also did more on F’s jeans. I am nearly finished with the patch that I am sashiko-ing on.  I’m not doing real sashiko since that is often in nice patterns, but my version of it!

I watched an episode of The Walking Dead today too. Yay me. I need to watch some more of it, I just hope that I have the strength to do that!

I went downstairs to start working on dinner after 5 pm. I first did something new for us, I made a salad dressing. I Googled recipes and the first recipe I found had ingredients that I had on hand, so, there you go. It turned out rather well. After that, I prepped the ingredients for the stir-fry. F called somewhere in the midst of that and then arrived at the house. He asked me to do some photocopying for him at a bad moment but decided he didn’t need to do it after all. 

Dinner turned out okay. We had salad with dressing, cream of mushroom soup, rice and bacon with nila (garlic chives).  I didn’t have rice. While we ate, F put on Prime Minister Abe’s speech, and he even put on the English translated version for me. It was a good speech and I felt slightly guilty for all of the excursions I’ve been making. Slightly. I’m not in the area where people are being asked to stay in, although I think it might be a good idea to stay in more. 

F was wondering about going out tonight, but I suggested waiting until tomorrow night. I do hope there is some food left in the store tomorrow night. I’m only half kidding. After the earthquake, many types of food disappeared. Along with all of the toilet paper.

We stayed in tonight and had a mostly quiet night. I took a shower, F took one a bit later. I watched a bit of late-night TV but nothing too exciting.

Tomorrow I hope to finish F’s pants. I really should only have a row or two of stitching to do.  I think there are five episodes of Project Runway on again, maybe I can watch some of them!

Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….


No comments: