April 8, 2020

Wednesday - Warm and sunny, cloudy at night. 

I got up this morning and managed to rouse myself at and okay time. I went downstairs and grabbed breakfast, discovered that F had left clothes in the washer so didn’t get to do any laundry today. Grr.

I had a fairly quiet day again. I did finish mending F’s pants and I think they look good. I took a few pictures and then I folded up the jeans and left them on the bed.


I came down to the kitchen around 5:15 to clean up and to start dinner. I got busy. I decided to create a new tuna dish, riffing on something that a friend made for me. She took canned tuna and added curry powder. I did that too. I added some onion as well, I fried it really well before I added in the tuna and it turned out really well. I served it with crackers. We had a bought frozen stir-fry from the grocery store that was quite nice, rice, salad and the tuna and crackers.  There was even pudding for dessert! Everything disappeared. I was a tad surprised about that.

F and I did the dishes and then we headed out. He’d suggested going to Tsuruoka park to see the cherry blossoms. I wanted to go and it was a nice night. 

We walked around the park and stopped in at a couple of shrines. The park was deserted. We saw maybe 10 people the whole time we were there. Most of us kept our distance from each other.




After the park, we went to the grocery shop and picked up a few more things. I’m doing pasta tomorrow night, but I’m not sure what to serve with it. I have salad, but I might do either smoked duck, canned chicken or canned salmon. Hmm. I’ll think on.

We came back to the house and after a bit of work preparing the garbage for taking out tomorrow morning, came upstairs to relax. After 10 some time, I had a nice video chat with my friend in the next town. I think it was really nice to talk to someone who wasn’t my hubby. He’s nice, but he doesn’t always want to talk!

I watched a little TV from the DVR and then turned over to Predators. I realized while I was watching it that the noise the Predator makes is exactly like the noise Perry the Platypus makes on Phineas and Ferb


Anyway, that’s about it for the day. It turned out okay after all! Tomorrow, I’ll have to see just what kind of thing I can get up to! Until tomorrow….

No comments: