May 21, 2020

Thursday - Cold and a bit rainy

I got up this morning bright and early…who am I kidding? I got up, went downstairs, watched the news and then snoozed and went over the time I planned. Oh well. I’m a lady of leisure I think, so it didn’t matter too much.

I got up, dressed. I wore my new black jeans from Canada. I realized that if I don’t wear them soon, I won’t be able to as summer is too hot for jeans. 

I had an okay but quiet day. I didn’t watch much TV in the early part of the day. I worked on my face mask and actually finished it today. I didn’t do the edging stitching around the mask. I probably should have, but to do it by hand means it isn’t going to look perfect (at least the way _I_ do it) so decided not to. I did iron it though!

I watched a movie called Nomis later in the afternoon. It was okay, it had a lot of good actors in it, and the story was okay but it was a made in Canada cheapie. I liked it but didn’t love it.

I went downstairs a little after 5 pm tonight to get started on dinner. I made some spicy cucumber pickles, and eggplant and mushroom stir-fry and some salt lemon chicken. We also had a bit of mushroom left over from last night and some salad. Almost everything vanished, but no one said that they liked it, which was a bit sad. As usual, F skived off helping with the dishes. He said that he needed to go to the onsen and off he went to the closest one. Hmm. Getting to be a nasty habit. 

I washed and dried all the dishes and put them all away. Happily for me, I listened to a couple of podcasts so it was enjoyable at least. 

I went upstairs and when F came back he was bearing ice cream, so I almost forgave him!  

We ate our ice creams and then we went out to get food for tomorrow. I’m planning a mostly leftovers meal, but F is going to cook fish. Sigh. I wish he wouldn’t. I’m going to need the stove and I hope he’ll let me use it while he’s grilling the fish. 

We came back to the house and F went to bed fairly soon afterwards. I know he is really tired and his stomach thing is taking a lot of his energy so I have to let a few things slide with him. We are talking about going to Yamagata City this weekend and maybe meeting a friend on Sunday, not sure if we’ll be able to both or just one of those. And we’ll probably have to Social Distance anyway. 

I stayed up watching some YouTube videos and dealing with some Moderator type stuff of things that came up. 

Tomorrow I’m thinking about cutting another mask out and getting started on sewing it. I’ll probably do a better job of the next one, we’ll see how it goes. 

Come back later if you like and hear all about Friday! Until tomorrow….

No comments: