May 26, 2020

Tuesday - Hot and a bit muggy

Well, today hasn’t been a great day. F woke me up rustling paper this morning but I managed to sleep a little longer. I got up at my alarm and then had my usual quiet morning.

I made porridge for myself this morning and it was nice. I put some cinnamon and some craisins in too and that was rather nice. 

I didn’t see K until later on in the afternoon, but I’m getting ahead of myself. I watched a movie in the early part of the day, Mary Shelley. It was okay. I didn’t love it, but parts of it were fine. I did like that Mary was all crazy-over-the-moon about Shelley in the early part of the movie, then terribly disillusioned about him at the end. Quite realistic that way! Snort! The performances were okay and the story was based on real events, so….

I worked on a mask for a while when I was watching the film. I went downstairs to get lunch and while I was there, I gave K some of it too. We had most of yesterday’s pasta and it was rather nice. I had some salad and a bun with cheese on it too. I came back upstairs and watched another movie that was on WOWOW today, Love Actually. I know! I’ve seen it millions of times [slight exaggeration] but I just love it. I love all of it except the unnecessary fat comments/jokes. Those I could do without and they aren’t funny. I got a bit teary at the end, but it was great. I’m not sure which “love” story gets me the most…I love the Colin and the Portuguese woman romance, and the Emma Thompson and Alan Rickman one just rips my heart out. How dare he?

After the movie, it was back to my regular schedule. I watched the news and then went downstairs to get a start on dinner.  I decided on a simple one tonight because F wasn’t eating with us.

I made taco rice for K and me, plus some guacamole which I served with toasted tortilla chips. We had raspberries and vanilla ice cream for dessert too, just a little ice cream, but it was nice. Poor K covered her taco rice with hot sauce and then couldn’t eat it. I hope she got enough food tonight. 

F came back to the house while I was preparing. He took a look at me in the kitchen and left. Nice. I did all the cooking, serving and things were fine. I cleaned up afterwards and listened to podcasts. 

When I came upstairs F didn’t want to eat, he said. I told him that there were raspberries for him but he didn’t want them. Okay then. He didn’t want to talk to me. He had his headphone on and his nose in his computer so wasn’t being communicative. On the other hand, when I checked one of my Facebook groups, I found an invitation to a spontaneous chat and I decided to join. I told F that I would chat and sit in the stairwell, but he announced he would go downstairs and make his dinner. Okay fine. I sat on the bed in my usual spot and joined the chat. It was fine until F came back into the room. I moved to the stairwell because some of the topics were quite personal and I wanted to give the ladies some privacy. 

Of course, during the meeting, K went to the washroom and tried to turn off the light because she didn’t see me, and F kept going downstairs and coming back up. I have no privacy here. I’m not allowed any. I told K I was on the phone which was close to the truth…I was talking to other people!

The meeting went on for a while and then the last three of us signed off. My computer’s battery was getting fairly low so probably a good thing! I came back in the room and tried to talk to F. He was rude to me and so I was extremely rude to him. 

After a while I tried to make up and went to apologize, but he was rude and basically let it be known that I am not someone he wants around him at the moment. Sigh. You know what?  That is basically a two-way street. 

Anyway, that was my day. The middle was nice but the rest of it kind of sucked. 

No idea what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I have a feeling that I have to feed his mother tomorrow night too. I usually don’t mind, she’s much less high maintenance than F is and is happy to eat most things. 

Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….



No comments: