May 31, 2020

Sunday - Hot and Sunny

Today was an odd day if I’m honest. I woke up around 10 am, made a quick trip downstairs and then slept for another hour. I got up around 11. F snoozed on and off and as usual, spent time on his computer.

Around 12 he started talking about going for lunch. I suggested either going to get take out from a restaurant we like, or going there. Then he decided to take his mother there too. I suggested us going first and then bringing her some takeout, but he wanted to take her. It’s not that I didn’t want her to eat, I just wanted to keep her safe. She’s in her eighties after all. 

We all piled into the car and went to Arpeggio for lunch. K and I had the same, the soboro donburi which was very nice. F had oyoka-don, or chicken and egg on rice. After our meal, we came back to the house. F went back to his computer on the bed, I went to my computer and that’s how we spent the afternoon. 

Around 6:50, I suggested that we have food again. F asked where I wanted to eat and I said why didn’t he pick a place that wasn’t for noodles. He picked Udon-Ichi which of course is a total noodle place, but it is one that I like. K was invited but chose not to go for dinner. She said she wasn’t hungry. Okay then. 

We went and had a good meal, but they did something odd. They put us at different tables. We were in a section together, but they didn’t want us to share the same table. I said to F it was a bit odd as we do share the same bed! I know social distancing, but…. We had a dinner that was a bit too big. The set that I had asked for wasn’t available tonight, so I changed to F’s, but it wasn’t what I thought it was!  Rice twice in a day, yuck.

We followed up dinner with Frappuccinos at Starbucks. They were quite nice. I did a bit of reading on my phone there, F watched videos. We never talk anymore. I’ve asked him about that but he blames me and my computer. I never take my computer on holiday or to bed with me. I rarely am the first person to pull their phone out when we go places either. 

We picked up some groceries after our fraps. I guess I’m cooking for K and I, but F wants to have some of my side dishes? Not sure how that is going to work out when K is the human garburator. I’ll have to separate some food out before I put it on the table.

We came back to the house. I watched a little bit of the Prince Tribute but stopped it when I went to take a shower. There hasn’t been too much conversation with F. He’s trying to get some sleep as he has to go back to work on Monday. I hope he’ll have an okay week. He’s always tired and grumpy these days. He blames me, but I blame his computer and YouTube. 

Anyway, come back later if you feel like it and find out how exciting my first day of June is. Until tomorrow….

No comments: