June 2, 2020

Tuesday - Sunny and hot

I overslept just a little this morning, but did get up and got dressed. It’s a good thing I did as K called me down soon after. I had received a couple of postcards today. Woot!

I had a quiet day around the house. I updated a couple of things on my computer today which took a couple of minutes. I watched a couple of movies too, Captain Marvel and Venom, so that was fun. 

Around 5 I went downstairs and got started on dinner. I had done some prep earlier in the day but got a lot of stuff done. Tonight I baked 4 potatoes in the microwave, I prepared eggplants and mushrooms for stir-frying and I cooked the meat I had marinated during the day. F called when I was just getting started and sounded nice.  I worked hard and got things done and nearly done.  When F came back he seemed really grumpy.  I knew he needed the stove and I worked as fast as I could to get it free for him, but he wasn’t happy. Granted I didn’t wash my dishes, but I got them out of his way. He also turned down all of my lovely side dishes.

K and I started to eat. I thought dinner was really nice. I enjoyed it a lot anyway. Soon enough I heard slurping from the kitchen. F was eating in the kitchen. I asked him to come and eat in the living room. He did, but I was basically done anyway, so I went back to the kitchen and started cleaning up. F had washed a couple of things for me which was very nice of him. 

I washed the rest of my dishes, put the dishes away, and the leftover food too, and then went upstairs. 

When F came upstairs afterwards I reminded him that I needed to go out. I also asked him if we could go for a kakigori. It had been so hot today upstairs that I really felt like having one. 

We went to Komeda Coffee and we each had a kakigori. F had a peach one, I had one of mixed berries. We both enjoyed them, but agreed mine was better!

After our treat, we went over to the grocery store and picked up a few things for dinner over the next couple of days. I’m going to do a “build your own donburi” thing tomorrow and F is going to cook fish on Thursday. I think I’ll just leave him to it. 

When we came back to the house I took a shower and started to relax, F went to bed fairly soon. 

And that was my day. It was okay, but not great.  I did make a little start on another mask, but I decided that I really should iron all of the fabric too as it needs to be ironed first. I’m trying a different pattern which is a bit more complicated. I hope it’ll be easy to put together!

Come back later if you like and see how Wednesday goes. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: