June 3, 2020

Wednesday - Warm and sunny

I woke up to an empty room this morning when my alarm went off. I was a tad surprised I slept that long! 

I watched the news from the bed and then I took a bit of a nap. I ended up oversleeping a tad, but did get up, dress and then went downstairs and did a load of laundry. 

I didn’t really see much of K today. I heard her, or I’d see her through her door, but I didn’t really see her face to face until the evening.

I was going to start working on another mask, but a friend asked if I was able to have a video chat. Happily, I was. She’d tried to contact me on the weekend, but the timing was terrible. We had a nice chat and a few laughs, so I felt better afterwards.

I went downstairs to start working on dinner a few minutes after 5 pm. I had planned a not too stressful meal of mostly leftovers but needed to make a couple of things. I also transformed some of the things too. So, last night, I’d done baked potatoes, but there were two left over so I fried them, that sort of thing. I cut up quite a few things so that they would go further. I even made some tuna salad. 

F called around 6 and said that he’d be late and we should go ahead and eat without him. Oh, dear.  After I had everything set up, I set the table. I decided that I would pre-make donburi bowls in the kitchen. My thoughts before were that I would put everything on the table and we’d make our own.  With K, I just decided to do it for her!  

I put some rice in our bowls and then topped them with leftover stuff.  I had made a bit of a sauce for the bowl too, so it was really nice.  K and I both ate all of our bowls.  We had some miso soup too and I do think that K enjoyed her meal. For me, it was nice that I didn’t have to stress too much, or heat up the kitchen a lot. 

I cleaned up after we ate and did most of the dishes. I was waiting for F and he came quite a bit later. He was really tired and said he didn’t want a lot of food. He took a quick shower and I made him a donburi too, but I didn’t put any of the meat on it. When he saw it, he said it was too much, but he ate it all too. He didn’t have miso soup, even though I offered him some.

I cleaned up after him too, and then went upstairs. I was quite tired. The meal wasn’t too stressful, but it was hot today and I’ve been sweating a lot. I feel a bit run down or something.

I watched Project Runway and then came downstairs and took care of the garbage. F was supposed to do the stuff in our room, but was doing a bit of work. When I came back upstairs I watched Grey’s Anatomy and finished the last row of my shawl. Woot. I’m debating trying to put a tiny edging on it, but I might do one on the inner edge as the outer edge doesn’t really need one.

I went downstairs and then had a nice snuggle with F when I came back. After that, he went to bed and I came to my computer.

So, that was my day. Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: