June 1, 2020

Monday - Hot and muggy

I woke up early this morning and needed to go downstairs. I was rather sad because I knew that I would oversleep, and I did. I dragged myself out of bed around 9…watched the news then and started my water pot working. 

I grabbed breakfast and while I was downstairs, the doorbell rang. I opened it and it was my sister in law. She dropped by with some food for K. That was very nice of her.  K also told me this morning that she’d eaten one of the big Costco muffins. I didn’t quite understand her and thought she wanted to share one, but I told her to go ahead! I was rather surprised as those muffins are huge and K is not!

I had a quiet afternoon. I watched Mimic this morning and afternoon. I broke it up a few times. It was an older horror movie from Guillermo del Toro. I had seen it before, but the really ironic thing is that I got mixed up about what movie it was. I thought it was The Relic, another monster horror movie that I liked a lot. Oh well. Still, it was a pleasant time waster.

I went downstairs around 5 and started on dinner. I was doing quite a lot of different things tonight for K and I. I decided not to make baked potatoes after all, so I made potato salad with one potato, I baked some buns, I roasted some chicken in the toaster oven and cooked the rest of the Brussel sprouts. I was busy. Of course, F came back to the house in the midst of me cooking and he wanted to cook his food at the same time. I was pretty damn annoyed with that. He kept getting in my way, and me in his. He had some of the sides that I made but told me I gave him too much. He also sulked that I didn’t want any miso soup. I don’t want any miso soup ever, so not sure why the attitude. He had two big pieces of fish that he grilled, but K and I had chicken, salad, Brussels sprouts, a freshly baked bun, beets and potato salad. I think we did rather well. And, there was homemade mugi-cha too. 

F washed most of the dishes afterwards, but not all. My big insistence was that he wash the fish grill. He used to “forget” that at our apartment and that was a gross treat to find a week later. He left when he was done so I washed the frypan and a few other things he didn’t do. I’m not complaining too much really, it was nice that he did most of the dishes.

In the evening, I went upstairs and watched a bit of YouTube. More of the silly celebs dating show. I keep hoping they’ll find someone they like a lot. After a while, F asked if I’d like some iced coffee and when I said I would, he went to make it. 

He brought us back a pot of coffee and first I had some hot decaf and then some iced. We also shared the last of the muffins so that was good too. There are three in the freezer, so we can have the rest later. We had a bit of a chat over our coffee and it was really pleasant. It was also cheaper than going to Starbucks!

And that’s about it. It’s been a quiet evening, but a nice one. When I took the dishes downstairs I washed them but didn’t dry them. I also prepped the plastic gomi to go out tomorrow. Yay me.

Tomorrow I might start another mask pattern since I just printed out the pattern pieces tonight. I might finish my shawl, I just don’t know. There are a couple of films on in the daytime, plus I recorded a couple tonight. I could be an entertained woman!

Come back later if you like and see what happens on Tuesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: