July 30, 2020

Thursday - Sunny and warm

I woke up this morning, got up and watched the news from my bed. I dressed and then went to do some laundry. I did a load and then hung up the clothes. I grabbed breakfast and had that too. 

I got stuck in on my column and got it done. I need to go over it tomorrow and proofread it too. I was really glad to get done.  I didn’t watch a lot of TV this afternoon, but I did watch Downton Abbey and it was wonderful! The show just makes me happy.

There was an explosion in Koriyama today. F and I have been there a couple of times, it is the place he had his back surgery a few years ago. I also have a couple of friends there. I texted F to let him know that my friends are okay. He hadn’t heard about it!

I went downstairs after 5:15 and got started on dinner. I was making a stir-fry so I had to do a lot of veggie prep. It went okay. F called a few times. One was to say that he was coming back, then he wasn’t because he had to go back to work, then to say he was on the way again. 

When he came back, we said hello and then he went upstairs for a rest and to change. I got stuck in cooking and it wasn’t bad. 

A short while later, I had dinner almost ready to go. I texted F to come and make the rice. He did and then left!  I got things on the table and we all ate. The food was good. I made a pork and vegetable stir-fry and also some okra on the side. I had couscous with my stir-fry, F and K had their rice. I ignored the recipe on the couscous package tonight and it was much better than my first attempt! Yay.

Over dinner, F asked if I’d like to go to the onsen with him, but I said no. I really didn’t want to go. He asked K, so after dinner, the two of them left and I was on my own to do the dishes. However, there weren’t that many and what dishes there were fine. I listened to a couple of podcasts and enjoyed myself!

After I finished, I went upstairs and spent time on my computer. F came back and found me relaxing in a very casual summer dress. He asked me if I’d like to go out and I would. Yay!

I changed and we went out. We visited a drugstore and then went over to Komeda for some iced coffee. We spent about an hour there and it was nice to just chill out!

We came back to the house and that’s about where we are now. It’s been a good day and I’m starting to look forward to the weekend. 

Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: