August 11, 2020

Tuesday - Sunny and Hot

I didn’t hear F leave this morning and when my alarm went off I was surprised that it was morning already! I got up and went downstairs, then came back and lazed around rather a lot for rather too much time.

I grabbed breakfast around 10:30, put in a load of washing too. I didn’t eat until 11ish, but no problem there. I put in another load of laundry and came back upstairs. I watched an episode of a TV show I’ve been watching, then later watched an episode of Downton Abbey. I just love it so much!

I had a quiet afternoon for the most part. I did go through my yarn in search of something that I could use for a project I have in mind. I found some stuff, but not really enough in my opinion. I had to put a whole bunch back as it wasn’t easily washable. My project should be easy to take care of. On the good side, I was reminded of a lot of things that I had planned to make for myself and it made me think about that again!

F texted me to say that he’d booked a massage for himself at 9:30 and would finish work on time. I messaged him back and then talked to him when he called after work. I went downstairs and started to get dinner ready. 

Since we hadn’t gone shopping last night, I had to make do with what I had already. I decided to do a “make your own donburi” dinner. I made some salmon salad, heated up some spinach, cooked a few eggplants, sliced up some beets, and made up some miso soup from packets. It went over fairly well. I had mine on some couscous, F and K had rice of course. F did a lot of the dishes, and I did the rest while they went off to the onsen for a bath.  It was so hot in the kitchen that I took off my t-shirt and just did dishes in my undershirt. I did have the air-conditioning on in the living room, but it was still very hot in there. When I was cooking, K didn’t turn on the AC. She doesn’t like to spend a lot of money and thinks that AC is something that she doesn’t need. On the other hand, I am trying to make sure that she doesn’t get heatstroke.

I relaxed during the rest of my alone time tonight but got changed into clothes to go out. When F and K got back, F grabbed his massage stuff and then we got in the car. F dropped me off at Komeda Coffee. For the next hour and a bit, I had some “outside the house” time in the coffee shop. I had a couple of sandwiches and a little fried chicken, then a cake with my iced decaf coffee. I spent time on my phone and even started reading a new book on my phone. 

At 10:30, I paid up and then walked over to the grocery store. I started walking through the store looking for food for tomorrow’s dinner. I found some ground chicken and decided that I’d do Gapao rice again. I worked on getting the ingredients.  F came and met me when I was halfway through the grocery store. He didn’t call or anything, he just found me! He’d had a good massage. 

We finished our shopping, paid for the groceries and then came back to the house. I wanted to look for meteors, but I think it was cloudy out and F didn’t want to come with me. He does have to work tomorrow.

I took a shower at the house and then came back upstairs to drink some tea and check out the internet! When I started blogging, I found out that it was 5 years ago today that F was bitten by a half-feral cat. He was in the hospital for 10 days or so. Bah. 

So that’s it for me. Tomorrow I just hope to get through the day! It is so blooming hot and there are all kinds of warnings about not getting overheated. With the masks and the virus around, no one wants to go to the hospital if they don’t have to.  Well, I don’t anyway.

Come back later if you like and hear all about my Wednesday. Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How is your bread maker doing? :)

I just realised I haven't heard about F and the breadmaker recently, lol.

Well I realised it after I read a dec 2013 post and F made bread with Royal Milk Tea - I started salivating a little :)

Take care Helen!

Helen said...

Hi there! The bread maker is okay. We haven't been using it much lately. In summer, sometimes the bread doesn't rise properly with the heat and the humidity. You can work around it, but it is so hot that we just aren't eating the same amount that we do the rest of the year!

Also, I went through a bunch of F's flours and threw a lot of old stuff out, so he might need to restock!

I liked the Royal Milk Tea bread, but I used to love using tea leaves and cold strong tea to make bread with...or sunflower seeds...or onion bread with caramelized onions....etc!

Thanks for writing :-)