August 12, 2020

Wednesday - Warm and rainy

I woke up at 7 this morning because I had set my alarm to go off. F hadn’t turned on his alarm last night and I was afraid that he’d oversleep. I think he would have, so yay me. He got up and went off to work. I slept a bit later and then got up.

I had a quiet and relaxing morning. I watched The Amazing Spiderman, had a great lunch and then a bit more TV. F called to say he was coming back and I went down to do dishes and get a start on dinner.

In the kitchen, I washed my dishes and was getting things out of the fridge when K came in and showed me some eggplants. I think she wanted me to cook them tonight. They didn’t really fit into my meal plan so I said no. As I was getting other things ready, I realized that I could do something with them, so I checked that F didn’t mind if dinner was a bit later than I had originally planned. He was okay with it. 

I was busy. Tonight I made gapao rice with eggplant stirfry and baked eggplant, and salad. I called F but he didn’t hear me. I tried phoning him but he didn’t answer. I went upstairs and got him. He came downstairs and we all had a nice dinner. Unfortunately, I also got to clear the table and do all the cleanup. F was indisposed. There was a lot to do tonight and to be honest, it just wasn’t worth it. By the time I finished washing and drying the dishes, I was soaking wet. It wasn’t all from the dishpan, most of it was sweat. Yuck. 

I came upstairs and basically stripped off all my clothes. I towelled off and then put on some dry clothes. 

F came upstairs a little later and we just didn’t talk at all. We didn’t talk for a couple of hours until he asked if I wanted to go out. I decided to go. Why not? I wanted out of the house!

We drove to a drugstore because F wanted some new sports drink and such. I wanted some sports drink for myself too. I sweated so much today I was a little worried about myself. 

On the way back to the house we stopped in a convenience store for some ice cream. We came back to the house and ate our ice cream. I had some of my sports drink and watched the rest of Killing Eve and then Grey’s Anatomy. It was the one where Alex leaves. I didn’t like it. I guess there wasn’t much else they could do, but I really felt that the character deserved more somehow. I’m not sure if the actor had already left, but he was a huge part of the show and he gets one goodbye episode?  Boo!

Anyway, that’s about it for me. Tomorrow F is off work and didn’t make any plans as usual. I have no idea what we’re going to get up to tomorrow. Come back later and hear all about it. Until tomorrow….

No comments: