August 14, 2020

Friday - Hot and Muggy

I got up this morning, but it was a bit tough. I was really tired. I finally dragged myself out of bed and stayed up and awake for the rest of the day.

I had a quiet day. I went downstairs around 10 and started a load of laundry and grabbed breakfast. I watched a bit of YouTube and TV today, it was nice. I barely saw K at all today and that was nice too!

I had an early-ish lunch today and then watched Batman Begins. I enjoyed watching it again but was not sure whether I would like to see it after all this time. I did. I do think it got a bit complicated at the end though!

F called to say that he was finished work, so I went downstairs and washed my dishes. After that, I got started putting dinner together. F was going to pick up a make your own sushi kit from the grocery store. He called me to say they didn’t have any. Oh no! He could buy a really expensive sushi set that had been marked down. I thought we should just get 3 cheaper lunch packs, but I told F that he could do what he liked! If he wanted the better sushi it was okay with me. 

He came back in a little bit bearing the expensive sushi. Wow!  I cooked the pizza, I copied the one I had at Pisolino a couple of weeks ago with my friend. It had a pesto base with some nama ham, tomato pieces and cheese. I basically did that. I baked it and then served it. It was awesome! I enjoyed it a lot. F and K seemed to like it too. 

After dinner, which was amazing, F actually helped me with the dishes. I was really surprised. It was nice and I did appreciate his doing that. 

We came upstairs and basically stayed there for the rest of the night. I watched a little bit of TV and probably too much YouTube!

I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. F talked about going to see his doctors tomorrow, but I’m not sure if they’ll be open. It is Obon after all. 

Come back later if you like and find out how my weekend proceeds! Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Marta Mae said...

Since it is Obon, do you keep the doors and windows in the house open? What if it rains? Can you be "excused" then for keeping them closed?

Helen said...

Hi Marta, nope! I hadn't heard about this, to be honest, took a moment to ask F about it. There are quite a few windows open in the house usually, but when we're running the air conditioner in a room, we close the windows!

If it rains hard we usually have to close the windows and it often rains quite hard. There's been a lot of flooding in other parts of this city (on the outskirts) so we get a lot of rain.

My Mother in Law prefers to keep the windows open rather than use the air conditioner, but that is because she doesn't want to spend any money! Both F and I would rather spend the money than risk heat-stroke.

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment :-)