August 15, 2020

Saturday - Muggy with a bit of rain later on

I slept in quite late this morning. I could not drag myself out of bed. F even made coffee and tried to give me some early on, but I kept on sleeping. 

Around 1 I finally got my act together and got ready to leave. Unfortunately, F wasn’t ready any more, so it was almost 1:30 when we left the house. The place I had wanted to eat at was already closed, so we started arguing about where to eat. I hate that. 

We ended up going to Nikuya-Shokudo, the meat shop near my dentist’s office. We had a long wait to get in, but I was lucky enough to get the last hamburger they had. Yes! F had curry.  Mine was great, his was only okay I think.

We went to Mina after lunch and had a drink in their coffee area. I had a coffee float, F had ice cream. It was nice. After that, we checked out the hundred yen shop before coming back to the house for a while.

After a bit of relaxing time, F and I decided we’d try and go to Tsumidara (or whatever) Falls in Sakata. We got K a nice bento and then took off to the falls. F couldn’t set the GPS for it and thought he knew where to go. I don’t think he did! We ended up at a place that Google Maps said was 25 minutes away!  We drove those 25 minutes…actually a little less and when we got near the falls saw that there was a huge line up of cars. We got in the line, but it barely moved. I’m not sure what was happening, maybe they were making people social distance themselves?  We stayed in the car and waited for 10-15 minutes before giving up and going into Sakata. 

We tried to find a restaurant to have dinner at. F tossed around a few names of expensive places and some cheaper ones.  We tried to go to the curry place that was closed last time we were by…it was closed again. We ended up at Cocos and it was fine! 

We both had the same main dish, roast chicken. We shared a plate of their fries (not as good as usual) but had different side dishes. I had a side salad and soup, F had the Japanese set with rice and miso soup. We both had drink bar.

We came back to Tsuruoka and the house afterwards, it was almost 11 pm when we got back. I took a shower because it was time and we’ve been relaxing ever since.  

It’s 4 something am, and I need to get some sleep. Come back later if you want and find out all about my Sunday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: