August 13, 2020

Thursday - Sunny and gorgeous

I went to bed at a foolishly late 4:00am, so slept in quite a foolishly late time this morning too. Well, I did wake up around 9 because F got up then, but slept more until 11. I dragged myself mostly out of bed then.

We did the usual “Where shall we eat?” thing and I didn’t care at first. F went off around 12 and fed his mother. It was quite late when he came back upstairs and I suggested a place. I wanted to go to Sukaze, a little Japanese/fusion place near City Hall. I had just read on Facebook that they will close on August 20th. Sometimes F complains that they are too expensive, but they really aren’t. The food is good, the service is good too, and the people are really kind to me. I went there 5 years ago when F was in the hospital and had dinner. They gave me a big table and then when a bigger group came in later turned them away rather than asking me to move (which I would have offered to do of course, if I’d not been dog-tired and off my game.) The owner of the restaurant tried talking to me and between my bad Japanese and his bad English managed to have a conversation. I’m quite sad about them closing. In recent years we just haven’t gone there much. The parking area is tiny and hard to manoeuvre into and out of the spaces.

When we got to Sukaze today, it was closed! They’d taken the day off. Oh, dear. 

We ended up at Arpeggio, the place we often go on weekends. It was nice, fairly quiet. We were there after 2:00pm but were able to have the special lunch with 7-8 different dishes of food. It was all really nice. We enjoyed it a lot.

After our meal, we went looking for a coffee shop. The first one we looked at was probably closing soon, so we went to another one we know and don’t go to often. We went in and the smell of cigarette smoke was overpowering. We did have our drinks, iced coffee for F, iced tea for me, but then left soon after.

We hit up the hundred yen shop in the nearby shopping centre. I got a few things, but nothing too exciting. We were looking in Athena, a decorating store, when F started feeling unwell and a bit dizzy again. We decided to leave. We walked back to the car and came back to the house via 7-11. At 7-11 we bought 3 iced cafe lattes and brought them back to the house. F made his mother get up and we all sat in the living room and drank our iced drinks.  It was really nice. Of course, K put the TV on, but for a change, it wasn’t too annoying. There was a man on making cold pasta with tomatoes and avocados. I’d really like to figure out how to do that myself. I love cold pasta in summer. We sat downstairs for a while but then F and I came upstairs and relaxed for a bit. 

Around 7 we went out again, the three of us, for dinner. We chose to go to a ramen/curry restaurant that is across the city. We all had some kind of noodle! F had cold noodles with roast beef, K had ramen and I had hiyashi chuuka. We shared two orders of gyoza too, so we each got a few. Usually, with one order of gyoza, K and F each have two and I have one. I like this way better!

We came back to the house and dropped K off. F and I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things and to check on something for tomorrow’s dinner. The grocery store didn’t have any tonight though. Boo! The last time we were there, we saw a pack for making your own temaki sushi. I am thinking if they still have that tomorrow, F can bring it back to the house and we’ll have that, and the pizza I’m going to put together tomorrow night! Sushi and pizza…should work, right?

We came back to the house, put away the groceries and came upstairs. We had some ice cream and a bit later on did the shower thing. I didn’t watch any TV tonight at all, I did watch some YouTube though.

So that was my day. It was rather nice and I enjoyed it. F is back at work tomorrow and I have one more day of peace and quiet until the weekend! I’m not sure what I’m going to do. I’m thinking about starting a craft project and I might even cut out some masks if I get around to it. 

Come back later if you will and read all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: