August 2, 2020

Sunday - Sunny and warm

We got up this morning after having a nice long lie-in. F was up before me but we were up and dressed just a bit after 12. F wanted to go out for lunch and made me pick the place as usual. I suggested The Grand El Son. F made a mean face but didn’t suggest anything else so I thought it was okay. 

We drove there, he parked and then got mad at me when I didn’t jump out of the car immediately. I had wanted to check that it was okay to go there. He was pretty grumpy to me all the way into the restaurant. When we sat down he announced that he wasn’t going to eat anything. Fine! I didn’t know if I was supposed to leave right away or what, so I just ordered my own food. After all, he had lots of chances to go somewhere else.  When I came back from the drink corner, he was gone!

He came back a few minutes later. He’d been to the washroom. Apparently, he was now feeling better because he ordered something to eat!  He got a bit friendlier and nicer over the course of the meal. I had the Siesta Lunch which was a plate lunch. I got some focaccia, some sashimi, salad, nibbles, chicken with a risotto stuffing and some chilli. It was all really nice and just enjoyable. F had curry and he said it was good too.

After lunch, I suggested going back to the house so he could relax, but he didn’t want to. He wanted to drive to Mt. Gassan. I had no plans so said it was okay.  

We got on the road and drove. And drove. And then drove up a mountain. I was a tad worried when I saw clouds off in the distance. When we arrived at the parking area near the top of the mountain, visibility was terrible. We could see around the parking lot, but not much further. There was no view, and normally there is a great view from the top. 

Can't see very much at all!

A little bit of clearing, but still....not great!
We walked around a little, waited for the city bus to arrive (it leaves at 3:45, arrives a little earlier than that) and then headed down the mountain again. It was a bit sad as the view is usually gorgeous, but it was raining up there a little and there was nothing to do up there in the fog.

We drove back to Tsuruoka, stopping once in a convenience store for drinks and treats, then came back to the house via a farmer’s market type of store. I got some potatoes and some bay leaves, F got some negi. 

We relaxed for a while until 6:30ish when F asked what I wanted to eat for dinner. I wasn’t really hungry yet, but we had to get K fed so I understood. 

I suggested 5 or 6 places and F picked one. We drove there and…it was closed. Oh, dear. Neither of us had checked the restaurant’s schedule. F then suggested one of the keiten sushi places ….it had been on my list so of course, it was fine. We went to Kintaro Sushi and after about a 20-minute wait where I sat in the car with K, we had a good meal.

We brought K back to the house after eating and then went out again to pick up some groceries. F was in a strange mood again and that made it hard to decide what to cook. I don’t like Japanese food right now, I think we should be eating really light food like salads and grilled chicken, etc, but the people I live with don’t seem to want that. Sigh. Tomorrow I’m doing stodgy old Bangers and Mash because I need to use up some sausages. I might see if I can do a modern version or something. We’ll see!

I treated F to some treats at McDonald's afterwards. He had a banana milkshake and I had a strawberry waffle cone. I had coupons for them on my App.

We came back after that and had a relaxing evening. I took a shower and F took one a lot later. That was my day. It turned out okay, but I was really worried for a while.

Tomorrow I have a few things that I want to get done, so come on back if you are interested and find out how I did!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: