August 1, 2020

Saturday - Sunny and warm

I went to bed so late last night that it was actually this morning and it was daylight. Yep, somewhere around 5 am. I don’t want to do that tonight too.

I slept until 10am, but didn’t really wake up until 11am. F had been up and he made breakfast/lunch for his mother. Afterwards, I got dressed and we decided to go out to Naa, the Farmer’s Restaurant.

We drove out to the farm. It was beautiful outside the city. Everything is so darn green!  We were seated right away, on the floor. Bleck. I hate that. It took about 10 minutes for the waitress to come and then about 25 minutes before we were given anything to drink. The restaurant was busy, but it wasn’t that busy. The meals were nice. Since F had eaten something with his mother earlier, he had the smaller set meal, and I had the larger one. I got a few slices of pork that he didn’t get. I also had maberu, a type of fish that I have no idea what it is in English. It was okay. 

By the end of the meal, I wasn’t feeling it anymore! I really don’t like sitting on the floor, I didn’t want Japanese food (even good Japanese food) and the weekends are my chance to get out and enjoy myself. Well, that’s my hope anyway!

We drove back to Tsuruoka. I asked that we go to the mall because one of my watches needed a new battery.  We went in, put the watch in to be fixed and then went to Daiso. That was fun. I got a few things today including a new container for my little packets of spices in the kitchen. I collect the different types of spices and my container was overflowing. I also got a container for my sewing stuff. I’ve been keeping the stuff I use in a plastic bag, a container would be much nicer. 

We picked up my watch. They advised me to keep it away from electronics and magnets as the battery was changed last year. Oops.  F and I went to Doutor and had a drink each. He had a simple coffee, I had a new drink, a tea lemonade. I didn’t like it much, won’t have it again. We used the wifi for a while, but F wasn’t feeling good, so we came back to the house.

We all relaxed for a bit. I really enjoyed that, just hanging out. Around 6 pm, F started worrying about dinner. I was thinking about going to one place, but it turns out it was closed already. I gave F lots of ideas of places and he picked another blooming Japanese place. He had to do it I think, he was planning to ask his mother along. We ended up going to Hana. It’s another fish place, but they also do a pretty good pork cutlet. K and F had fish, I had tonkatsu set meal. It actually was pretty good. I didn’t want to have Japanese food tonight too though. Sigh.  I told F that I’m not eating it tomorrow!

We came back to the house after our meal and just stayed in. With F not feeling well and no good movies in the mall, the house was fine. I did put on a movie that I’ve had on the DVR for ages but never watched.  It was Can You Ever Forgive Me? I didn’t think that F would like it because it was about a woman who turns to crime in desperation. She’s also not a very nice person. He liked it so much he asked me not to delete it off the DVR! That surprised me a lot!

After that, he went to bed, I watched a little tv.  No big deal.  

I’m kind of tired, so I’d like to get a bit more sleep than last night. 

Oh, I just thought I’d mention that my local aquarium is live-streaming one of their tanks overnight. There’s no sound, but if you want to put on something relaxing to watch, have a look. The jellyfish are just so peaceful. I’m not sure if the link will always work, but they are broadcasting until 8:30am our time. It’s via YouTube, so the link might work later, but it won’t be live of course! Here you go https://youtu.be/i3EoyCA0W7I

That’s it for me. Have a good evening/day/night. I’m remembering my dad a bit tonight. Aug 1st was my father’s birthday and we used to make a bit of a fuss about it when I was a kid. 

Until tomorrow….

No comments: