August 6, 2020

Thursday - Scorcher, but a bit muggy

I had a really hard time waking up this morning. F had left the AC on all night so I felt a bit drained. He hadn’t turned it off when he left, so I did.  I watched the news and got up a bit earlier than usual. I got ready and then my friend arrived right around the time she said she would. Woot. I gave her some stuff, she gave me some stuff, which I dropped off back in the house, and then we went off.

We had lunch at the buffet restaurant. It was nearly empty. They’ve done quite a lot to lower the risk of catching the virus. They have screens between each table and don’t have much food on the table for us to have. There was still the drink bar, plus the salad bar and desserts. I did miss some of the other stuff, but not enough to really worry about it. I had some cold Genovese pasta, my friend had carbonara and we shared a Genovese and nama ham pizza. That was a treat! We made good use of the salad bar and the drinks corner and later on had some decent desserts. 

We left and felt quite satisfied.

We drove to Mikawa and went to see Nitori, the furnishing store. My friend recently bought a house and she’s looking for ideas for curtains, blinds, carpets and beds. It’s really fun to look at all of the stuff. She talked to a couple of staff about different items. When we spoke to the guy about the beds he made us try them out! I was quite surprised since Japan usually makes you take off your shoes when you try things like beds or chairs with feet places, but he was okay with us putting our feet up. We both liked the cheapest version of the bed!

She wasn’t buying anything today, so we popped over to the mall and went to Doutors for a drink.  We sat and relaxed and chatted a bit more before she had to head back to her busy life.

I had some fun by myself. I checked out the craft corner and got more elastic for masks and also found some stoppers for elastic so the elastic can be adjustable. F was quite determined that the fit I tried for him was too short. 

I went over to the women’s department and looked at clothing. I tried on three things. I really loved a pair of culottes made out of light denim, but the waistband was just a touch too tight. It was a little hard to get them on and off. Once on they were fine, but not sure they were a good idea for me.

I went over to Seria, the hundred yen shop and was having a snoop through it when F called. He was on his way. I told him I’d meet him near the food court and did so. Actually, no, I went out to the car. I saw him arrive…our car’s colour stands out…and we had our reunion. We went to a takoyaki shop and had some takoyaki and a taiyaki each. 

We went upstairs quickly and looked at masks. We each ended up getting a package of the knitted masks. They aren’t super protective, but they aren’t difficult to wear in summer as it is so hot right now. 

We picked up a bento for K and some small things from the shop. We drove back to Tsuruoka. I’m afraid I kept falling asleep on the drive back!

F got his mother fed and settled in, then came upstairs to change. I changed too, into something more comfortable and cooler, then F called a taxi and we went out to an izakaya he likes. 

We had a very nice, if expensive meal at the restaurant/bar. I even had a drink tonight! I had a mojito. It was quite strong for me, but nice. We mostly ate yakitori and sashimi. F ordered a plate of sashimi, but he didn’t like it that much. I thought it was okay, but preferred the yakitori. We had a mixture of chicken, beef and pork. Yum.

F wanted to go back to the house around 8:30 so he called another taxi and we came back to the house. We had a quiet if hot night in. I watched the news from the late afternoon but nothing else. 

I went over to the bed later on for a quick nap but had a nice conversation with F instead. We’ve got the AC on again, but I’m not sure if we can leave it all night as F got too cold last night! I was fine. 

So anyway, this was my day. It turned out really well. Tomorrow, F is off work and I’m not completely sure if we’ll get up to anything interesting or not. Come back later and find out! Until tomorrow….

No comments: