August 7, 2020

Friday - Hot and muggy, cooler and rainy in the later part of the day.

I had set my alarms to wake me up early this morning but I turned them all off. I was so tired! It must have been the mojito…or the later bedtime?

I finally got myself up around 11 am. F had taken his mother out to the doctor so I had the house to myself. I just relaxed. I needed it! 

When F got back a little after 1 pm, I suggested going to his favourite fish place. We tried, but their lunch was over by the time we got across the city. We went to another Japanese place and it was nice. We were the only customers for a few minutes before other people came in.

We went back to the house to pick up F’s cell phone before heading over to Komeda coffee for some dessert and coffee. We were there for more than an hour just relaxing basically. F wasn’t feeling well, so wanted to go back to the house with some food from the grocery store. 

We went to the grocery place, bought a few things. I was a tad miffed, I really didn’t want more rice tonight, so I just bought some chicken for myself. We came back to the house and as usual, F disappeared. I had to get the food on the table so I did that. I added in a bunch of leftover food from other meals because I didn’t want to waste it. 

We had an okay meal. I wasn’t terribly happy with the chicken I bought. It wasn’t good. F and K had some kind of onigiri and sushi thing. Too much rice for me. Later tonight I realized I could have made myself some couscous, that would have been nice to have.

F did wash the dishes, I dried them. We came upstairs and I asked if we’d go out later. F didn’t really want to. I then suggested maybe going out later to a convenience store and picking up some ice cream or drinks and F was okay with that. I had been watching my recording of the news and it was nearly over when F asked if I’d go out with him then. I begged for the couple more minutes I’d need to watch the rest of it and then we went out. 

We went to the drugstore first and picked up some eyewash for F, and snacks for us. They have good prices at the drugstore.  We then hit up 7-11 for some ice cream and came back to the house. We ate our ice cream and relaxed more.

I took a shower just after midnight and then F did even later!  We’re just chilling out and should really get to bed soon. It is so late. 

Tomorrow we have doctor’s appointments and then a few errands planned for the afternoon. There was some talk of getting me a new phone since the battery in mine gets really low, really fast now. Lest you think I’m a terrible person, just know that mine is an iPhone 5s…and they are on what, iPhone 10 or 11 now. I don’t think I’ll actually end up getting one, just have a feeling! 

Come back later if you like and find out all about my Saturday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: