August 5, 2020

Wednesday - Hot and sunny. Did I mention hot?

A good day. I woke up this morning and watched the news. I did a load of laundry fairly early and was very glad that I had put away the dry stuff yesterday. It didn’t take long to hang up the wet clothes. I had breakfast and bumped into K a couple of times. I showed her F’s plate from dinner last night and suggested that she have that for lunch. (I think she did as the dishes were in the drainer tonight!)

F had booked the taxi for me at noon, so I was in the genkan at 11:50 waiting. It arrived promptly on time so I went out and locked the door. I yelled goodbye to K but don’t know if she heard me.

At the mall, I did a little bit of banking by machine. After that, I went to the hotel and decided to have lunch. I was going to have their cheaper special lunch but decided to have pasta instead. It was quite nice. I had salmon and mushroom cream spaghetti. It came with a tiny salad, a small dessert and a drink. I liked it, but didn’t love it!

After my meal, I went back into the mall and went window shopping. I didn’t want to buy stuff before I got my hair cut because I’d have to carry it around with me. I planned out a few things I’d get in the hundred yen shop, amongst other things. 

I lost a little track of time, so I didn’t end up leaving the mall until 3:20 and my appointment was at 3:30.  I went and had my usual fabulous haircut. It’s been about 9 months since I had it cut, so it really was quite long. I did manage to freak out my hairdresser though. I asked her to give me a rat tail! I don’t think she’d ever heard of it before!  I had pictures to show her and she managed so yay. I know, I haven’t had one since I left Canada, but I figure that this long hair was as good of a chance as any to try it out again. I can always cut it off again if I don’t like it. My sister is going to Lurve me! (She always hated it before!)

As always, I got that little boost of energy that getting a great cut brings so I went back to the mall and did the shopping I had planned to do. I went to the hundred yen shop, then walked around, then had some ice cream. That was nice, and deserved! F called when I was finishing that up and I told him I’d be in Doutor when he came to the mall. 

I had a glass of rooibos tea and checked out my Facebook. F showed up a bit later. I gave him my card to get his drink from and he did. He also put quite a bit of money on it! I appreciate it, but I’d rather he give the money to me.  

We had a nice drink and a reunion. Then, we bought bentos in the grocery store, plus a few little things then came back to the house. K was in bed already, but she got up and had dinner with us.

We had a decent little meal. I added on some tofu that was in the fridge and due to expire, so that was good too. F washed the dishes, not that there was a lot, but it was appreciated, I dried them and put them away. 

We came upstairs and F decided to try and get a massage for his back. He booked himself in and I think he took a quick shower before he left. 

While he was gone, I watched the news of the day and a bit of Killing Eve again. I decided to go downstairs and take my shower and do the kitchen garbage, so went down to do that. I finished up and was just closing the bathroom door when I heard the car come back. 

I said hello to F and he was bearing ice cream. Yay! I’d hinted a bit before he left. I took mine and put it in the freezer, then took my shower. I went upstairs again with my ice cream and had a quiet evening in. I watched Grey’s Anatomy and enjoyed that. 

F has gone to sleep and I’ll be going to sleep soon. He seems much happier tonight. 

Tomorrow I’m off early to meet up with a friend. We’ll have lunch I think and then check out some DIY shops as she’s got many projects in mind! I’m looking forward to seeing her. It feels like it has been ages.

So that’s about it for me. I need to get some sleep. It is so hot that I feel really tired. Come back later if you like and read all about what happens. Until tomorrow….

No comments: