August 8, 2020

Saturday - Rainy and cooler (yay!)

I woke up this morning around 10:00 am. I really didn’t want to get up, but I did! I went downstairs, grabbed some breakfast and brought it upstairs to eat. 

F and I got dressed and headed out around 11:15. We went to the doctor’s office. The parking lots were crazy busy and we had to park across the street. Things were fine, except for the long wait we had. I did get stuck into a book for the first time in ages so that was good.

We both got a bit wet after leaving the doctor’s but not too bad. We went to Foodever today for lunch and went to the meat place as usual. I had pasta which was cabbage and anchovies in an oil base, F had a bibinba. It wasn’t a hot stone bowl one. I’ve had it before, I liked it. 

We did some shopping in the afternoon. We went to the hardware shop and got some pop for K, I looked for some other stuff but had no luck, F found a new and smaller board to put in the sink to raise up our dishpan. The sink is so low that it kills my back, it must be awful for F when he does the dishes. 

We went to an electric shop today and got F a hard disk drive and us some DVDs to record on. I was really thirsty by this time, so F took me to another hardware shop. When we parked I commented on how thirsty I was. He grabbed a bottle of water he had in the car, drank from it and then offered me a sip. Er…no, thanks. In this new hardware shop, we wandered around a bit. F got himself some stuff and I found a big plastic tool case that I’m going to use for my sewing stuff. I have it in bags and a big box and it isn’t convenient at the moment!

Finally, we went to S-Mall and had a drink at the coffee shop. I had iced rooibos tea, F had an iced coffee. It was nice to sit and relax for a while. Over our drinks, we discussed dinner. I suggested going out tonight as Obon is almost here and places might be busier then. I also didn’t want to cook tonight and I’m getting really tired of bad bentos!

F and I went back to the house. We unpacked the car and then invited K out for dinner. We went to the little restaurant in Kushibiki. It was very quiet tonight so I think it was a good call to go out tonight. We had different dishes, K had fried rice, F had his yakisoba with starchy sauce and five ingredients and I had spicy tofu and meat sauce on rice. It was nice. We all shared an order of fried chicken too. K however was double-dipping in the ketchup and salt, so neither F nor I were impressed!

We came back to the house and relaxed a bit upstairs. F went to bed earlier. I watched a little TV, FBI and then The Addams Family. I loved Raul Julia. He was lovely in this film.  I wrote a short play with him in mind for the hero in uni!

And that was my day. The weather was bad, but it was so nice to have the cooler temperature. I think the bad weather will continue on Sunday but I have no idea what is going to happen.  Come on back and see!  Until tomorrow….

PS…obviously, I didn’t get a new phone today!  No worries. My phone is hanging in there!

No comments: