August 9, 2020

Sunday - Rainy and not too hot

I woke up this morning, but it was hard to do! I got up finally, got dressed and then F and I started talking about lunch. He didn’t like my ideas (Indian or a family restaurant) so countered with sushi. I said okay, but picked the place that doesn’t just have sushi!  

We went to Kula Sushi and after a bit were seated. I basically didn’t have sushi in the traditional sense. I had some onion rings, fries, some tempura, some meat on rice…I only had one “sushi” and that was salmon. F doesn’t think it qualifies as sushi! We won a magnet today! Woot.  

After lunch, we did a little bit of shopping. After sushi, I had asked to go to the craft store, but on the way, we saw the brand new Yamaya. I asked that we go in and check it out. It was nice. Of course, we ended up buying a few things and when we paid, F got a free gift of a beer and what turned out to be a beer shaped piggy bank! 

We did stop into the craft shop next. I got myself some stoppers for elastic on masks and also a new hat! It’s good for 90% stoppage of the sun and that’s quite good. I haven’t been going out much in the sun this year…I would like to go out a bit more. 

We came back to the house as F wasn’t feeling great and relaxed for a while. Around 6 pm I started pestering F about dinner. I wasn’t hungry really, but his mother probably would be. She was in bed already mind you. 

We decided to do bentos from Hotto Motto. F booked them online and we picked them up. Instead of giving them to me to hold in the car, he hung them from the interior hook. Every time he cornered the car the food swung wildly. I was afraid my curry would leak everywhere, but it didn’t. 

At the house again, we put out the food. I got the drinks together and we had a fairly nice meal. My curry was okay. It had an odd grittiness to it that I didn’t like. I had mine with chicken which was nice. 

F and I did the dishes and cleared the table.  We relaxed for a little and then went out again. I wanted to get a few things for tomorrow’s lunch and I wanted to make sure that K had something. With me not cooking there aren’t leftovers, not that she eats them anyway. Still, I want her to be able to eat if she needs to.

We grabbed a bit of food then came back to the house. I suggested that F set up his new hard disk recorder for his computer so he did that. It was a bit of him reading the instructions and a bit of letting the computer do what it needed to do. 

After that, showers were taken. F went to bed but I don’t think he’s sleeping. Despite it being a holiday tomorrow, he does have to work for a few hours. I’m glad that he had Friday off this week. It means he got a bit of a long weekend.

I have a few catch-up things planned for tomorrow but I have no idea if I’ll get to do any of them. The weather is horrible these days and it is almost Obon. 

Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: