September 13, 2020

Sunday - Cloudy in the morning, rainy the rest of the day.

Yesterday wasn’t great. When I went to bed, F was tossing and turning, and rustling plastic. It was annoying and kept me awake for a while. When I woke up in the morning, he wasn’t in bed but came back a bit later. Same thing. He’d been putting cooler packs on his hands and feet. He has this thing where his hands and feet get incredibly hot. No one really knows what is going on.  Anyway, he did finally start talking to me this morning and asked if I’d like to go for lunch. It was just to a Japanese style restaurant that he likes. I said it was okay and then over lunch, we decided that we should go to Costco today because next weekend is a long weekend here and it would be crazy-crazy then.

We came back to the house, I sent F out for some food for K, and I got changed into something comfy for 5 hours or more in the car. My jeans are okay, but they don’t exactly feel soft on my skin. 

We drove to Yamagata City and then to Kaminoyama, which is where the Costco is. We did some shopping, but not a ton. For the first time in ages, we didn’t go too crazy. I had a list in my head of things that I HAD to buy, chiefly more Havarti sliced cheese and canned tuna, F didn’t really have a must-buy list though. We got out of Costco spending around 20,000 yen, and that was including the renewal of our membership. We took the stuff to the car and then came back in for a snack.

We both had the same thing, the hotdog and soda and mixed soft ice cream. Yum. It was simple but good. I know F usually gets it every time, but I thought I’d keep with the saving money theme and got it too.

We left, got some gas at the gas station for the trip back, and set out. We did talk about having a meal on the road, but honestly, we were both stuffed with hotdogs and ice cream, so didn’t want to eat yet.  I dozed a bit on the road but managed to stay mostly awake. 

When we got back to Tsuruoka, we decided to have dinner before going back to the house. We didn’t buy any frozen food and the chilled food was in a cooler with an ice pack, and the weather wasn’t hot, so it would be okay a bit longer. I suggested Cocos and F grudgingly agreed.

We went there and both had the same main dish, chicken steak. We did have different sides. I had a salad plus drink and soup bar, F had drink and soup bar plus rice. We shared an order of fries because Cocos has the best fries in Tsuruoka!

Dinner was okay. We ate, drank and then left and came back to the house. Since we hadn’t bought all that much, unloading the car didn’t take too long. Putting things in the big fridge was a bit hard as there is so much crap in there. F and K have bottles or cans of their drinks in the fridge and they take up so much room. I had bought some Brussel Sprouts and carrots and they nearly filled up our veggie compartment!

F and I came upstairs and F went to bed fairly soon. He was really tired. After all, he couldn’t nap on the way and he hadn’t slept well last night. He’s off work tomorrow, he has a few things he has to do for the house.

So, today was an okay day. It was much better than I thought it would be. Tomorrow, I’m not sure what is going to happen. I hope I don’t have to spend the entire day in the house like usual, I’d really like to get out and enjoy myself, but who knows. 

Come back later if you will and hear all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: