October 12, 2020

Monday - Cloudy but warm, rainy at night


I went to bed quite late last night, but F had thrown his quilt off himself and onto my side. That meant I didn’t have very much room at all on the bed. It was much too hot for a quilt last night.


I woke up this morning having not being able to move last night. I was surprised when my alarm went off. F was long gone, poor guy. I had a quiet morning, watched the news and ate breakfast.  After that, I went downstairs and got busy.


For the next couple of hours I made soup! Yep, tonight’s dinner I planned to make a bacon vegetable soup, and so I did. I did a bit of pre-cooking and then I stuck it all in my slow cooker and left it alone.


After a break of an hour I came down and got some lunch. I went back upstairs to eat and then watched the news. I relaxed for a bit and when F called around 5:30 I went downstairs and got things ready for dinner. I set the table, and when F arrived put the food out. And…he didn’t want to eat it. He was expecting a business visiter later and he didn’t want to be unwell when they arrived. 


I was a bit sad as today is Canadian Thanksgiving and I would have liked to all eat together, but I knew that he wanted to eat with us.


K and I ate quite a bit and then I cleared the table. I ended up doing the dishes but I listened to a couple of podcasts again, so I didn’t mind too much. Also, because I’d done most of the work earlier, it didn’t take to long anyway!


When I finished, I went upstairs and relaxed for a while. I watched a little YouTube and a bit later F came up. He wasn’t feeling well and headed to bed.  He got up later and ate the soup from earlier and did say that it was good, so yay for that!


And to be honest, that was my day. It was okay. I worked really hard on my soup and it was good. We’ll have some for dinner tomorrow. Yay!


Come back later if you like and hear all about Tuesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: