October 17, 2020

Saturday - Rainy at times

Today turned out fine actually, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it could be.

I got up a bit before 10 am and had breakfast. F was in bed and didn’t get up until 10:30 or so. His Uncle and Aunt came over and he went downstairs to be friendly to them. I didn’t!

Finally we got ready to go and arrived a little early at the doctor’s office. It went quite well, but because I had the blood test first, I wasn’t able to read as much of my book as I hoped to. Oh well. We got our flu shots as well, and that was fine. My arm is now a little sore and red, but it isn’t too bad.

After picking up our meds we went off for lunch. Today I suggested going to a place I went to with a friend in March. We drove over there and there was no parking.  F suggested parking nearby and walking back, so we did that. We had to wait a while to get in, but it was nice to be outside. 

F had an “ebi pilaf” and I had a kabocha doria. Mine was great. It was Japanese Kabocha sauce on rice with some cheese. I liked it a lot. There was a salad and soup with it too. F complained to me that the shrimp in his were too small and too few…He ate it all though. We both had dessert and F was surprised when it arrived. They were huge! I had a chocolate parfait, F had an azuki one I think. 

We left the restaurant, hit up the nearby Yamaya for a few things and then came back to the house for a bit. Oh, yes, F bought a  I spent a bit of time on my computer and then ended up taking a long nap. I often feel that way after I get my flu shot so nothing to worry about.

When I woke up, F started to discuss dinner. He suggested Kintaro Sushi, but I asked if we could go to another sushi place. I wanted to go to Kula Sushi. That’s where we went. We had to wait a few minutes but got in. Our meal was fine. The fries were a little greasy today, as were the onion rings, and the sushi was only okay. F is a snob and doesn’t like their sushi at all. I don’t mind some of their ideas personally. 

We finished our meal and left. We were halfway back to the house before F asked if I wanted to go somewhere else. I suggested going to Starbucks, and that’s what we ended up doing. F had a drip coffee and I had a Frappuccino without coffee. It was good and hopefully not a ton of caffeine in it. F and I sat there for a while. It was really nice to just chill out and be out in public. The Starbucks was pretty quiet and they have social distancing done there so it should be fairly safe.  F and I were both spending time on our phones and finally I looked up and realized that we were the only customers left in the place and it closed in five minutes.  Oops. F and I left, but I think it was fine. We weren’t messy or noisy so hopefully they didn’t hate us!

We came back to the house. F went to bed fairly soon, but hasn’t been sleeping much. I took a shower and then have been on my computer and YouTubing for a bit. 

Oh, and did I mention there were fireworks tonight? Around 6:30 we heard them and could see them from our bedroom window. F’s sister called him and told him. It was lovely to see them because all of the fireworks were cancelled this year.

That’s about it. I’m nearly done. Come back later if you like and hear all about Sunday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: