October 16, 2020

Friday - Sunny but cool


F overslept this morning, my first wake up was him scrambling to get ready for work. I don’t know if he made it or not.


I got up at my usual time and did my usual stuff.  News, snooze, and even watching a few seconds of an Austin Powers movie. I got up and grabbed breakfast, then watched a movie from the DVR. First up I watched Enhanced which was a little made in Canada flick about people with superpowers being chased. It wasn’t too bad, had a few interesting scenes.  Later in the day I watched another Canadian film, this one was Look Away. It was a horror film, but the top three actors were okay and the story was sort of a Carrie meets Us kind of thing. 


Around 5:30 I went downstairs and started on dinner. Tonight I did pasta but didn’t use my usual type of packet sauce. I used a pasta oil from the store and mixed it with some bacon, shimegi mushrooms and spinach.  It got good reviews. F offered to bring dessert when he called tonight so we all had some ice cream. Since he brought vanilla, I broke out the chocolate orange syrup that was in the fridge and we had that too.


I did the dishes while F prepared for the Insurance Agent to come by again. He took a shower, which I thought was really silly. She arrived just as he finished. 


I had a quiet evening in. I watched a bit of TV and watched a YouTube video, but nothing too exciting. Oh, I forgot, F and I went over a medical questionnaire. We’re getting our flu shots tomorrow and we had to fill it out. Of course, they are in Japanese so F had to translate all of the questions. I went through the same thing last year, so I appreciate his hard work, but sometimes he’ll happily tell me what a word means in English, but I have no idea what he means! I was an English major, not a med student.


So, tomorrow, flu shots are on the horizon, plus a blood test for me at the doctor. Not looking forward to that!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: