October 20, 2020

Tuesday - Clear but cool, rain in the morning


I got up a bit early today, but F had already left. I went downstairs and then came back up. I set up my water pot and turned on the TV to watch the news. I did have a bit of a snooze, but nothing too egregious today. 


Around 10:30 I went downstairs to grab breakfast. Except I had forgotten to take it with me! I’d kept my spare bag of cereal upstairs, and forgotten to bring it down with me. I got it and then put out my breakfast. I brought it back upstairs to eat. 


In the early afternoon I decided to watch a movie that I’d DVR’d last night. I was a little surprised when the buildings in the film had Korean signs. I was even more puzzled when the cast names were written in Korean. I had thought I recorded an American film but had actually caught the one after the one I wanted to see…a Korean movie. I guess my reading of Katakana isn’t that good after all. 


I tried to watch another movie, Anger Management. I’d heard it was good. However, a combination of Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson was not what I wanted to see, so I packed it in after 15 minutes. I loathe Jack Nicholson and am not terribly fond of Adam Sandler. No regrets!


I finished my little duster mitt for my sister today too. In the morning I finished the crocheting and then I joined the sides. I think it looks rather nice. I hope I didn’t waste my time. My sister doesn’t always like the things I make for her.  (She does sometimes though, so I’m willing to try.)





I went downstairs to start dinner a little early as I was going to try making lentils tonight. I used to use them to make soup once upon a time, but haven’t actually cooked them to eat on their own before. I got them going on the stove and F arrived fairly soon afterwards. He’d called me when he was most of the way back, rather than from the parking lot of his office. 


Dinner tonight was fairly fast and easy. We had brown lentils with sausages, leftover pumpkin and tuna salad, salad, and a little leftover eggplant stir-fry. I didn’t provide rice cause I didn’t think anyone really needed it. F complained that the lentils were salty, so he would have preferred rice. However, I think he could just go to the kitchen and get his own damn rice if he wanted! No one wanted seconds, which was sad. I had some in the kitchen before I put the rest away!


I did the dishes and then went upstairs. I relaxed for a bit. F asked if I wanted to go out and I wavered a bit, and then decided I’d like to get out of the house. 


We went to the grocery store first and I picked up a few things for tomorrow’s lunch. F thinks he might take off Thursday, so I didn’t get anything for dinner on Thursday. 


After buying groceries we went to the nearby McDonald and I had a drink. F had a chocolate pie and an order of fries. It was a coupon thing on the app. We sat in the restaurant for a while and played on our phones. I was so glad to be out of the house for a little while.


We left before the restaurant closed and made it back quickly to the house. Unfortunately, K was up and yelled at F for being out so late. We were back before 11pm.  Yes, he has to work tomorrow, but we weren’t doing anything terrible! She said that she’d tried to phone him. I think she’s a bit daft honestly. We aren’t teenagers who stay out partying all night, we’re responsible 50-somethings who need a little break from the house. 


After she went to bed, I took a shower and then watched the first episode of season 3 of The Handmaid’s Tale. It was scary good. F took a shower sometime during the programme, I didn’t notice too much!


Tomorrow night we are supposed to be taking K out to a nice local restaurant for her birthday. She’s 84 or something tomorrow. I’m looking forward to not having to cook or do dishes tomorrow night! I also hope she isn’t going to try to tear a strip off me tomorrow for leading poor innocent sonny astray.  I’ll keep you posted if she does. 


And that’s it. Come back later if you like and hear all about Wednesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: