November 22, 2020

Sunday - Dark and dreary, rainy at night


I went to bed late last night, so when my alarm went off this morning, it was hard to get up. I did though. I wanted to see F off and give him the support I could.  Today was part of the funeral for his grandmother. He went with his mother, I thought they were keeping the number of people down so I didn’t go. 


After they left, I stayed up for an hour or so, but then I went back to sleep for a couple of hours. I got up permanently later. I watched a bit of TV and I did some things on my computer before I had a late brunch. 


F came back to the house around 2. He’d left his mother at the funeral. He told me there were 20 people there at least. I’m glad I didn’t go. There is a raging pandemic and I thought that the numbers were being kept low. 


We went out for a bite to Gusto. It was rather nice. We had the same thing, some chicken tempura strips and then shared some fries. We each had an ice cream since we had coupons. F also got his birthday dessert, cake and ice cream, so that was nice. He brought me back to the house and a bit later he had to leave to go back for more ceremonies or something.


While I was alone I did more craft work, I watched some YouTube and then it seemed that F was back again with his mother. They brought back two huge trays of food with them, so we met in the living room and had some of the food. 


I was in quite a bit of pain as my lower back is killing me and that made bending something I tried to avoid. My knee is also really wonky at the moment. Poor me!  I took a tylenol and it does seem to have helped, but it’s wearing off a tad.


Neither F nor I wanted to go out tonight so we just stayed in. We had a quiet evening. I watched a British movie called Swimming with Men. It was okay, nothing too special. 


And that’s it. I think F and K have one more day of ceremonies, so they’ll go off tomorrow. After that, I hope that F and I will be able to do something fun for his birthday. Poor guy doesn’t really get to enjoy his day. 


Anyway, it was a quiet day for me, but a bit nice in a way. I couldn’t do anything too exciting while F was away. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

4 comments:

Rosa said...

My condolences to F and his mother on their loss.

This is a particularly hard time to lose someone, with the pandemic making visits and ceremonies difficult if not impossible. It's good that you kept your distance to keep from getting sick or getting others sick, but I'm sure it's difficult for you too because you want to be supportive to F. Such an awful time!

Take care of yourself!

Helen said...

Thank you! I'll pass on your condolences to F. (His mother wouldn't really understand!)

I don't think anyone needed a bumbling foreigner in the middle of things either. I told F that I would go if he wanted me there, but we both agreed that staying away for me was okay. I was surprised when I heard how many people went, but it makes sense when you think she had 5 children-so many grandchildren and even great-grandchildren....I think everyone wanted to say goodbye. There will apparently be a bigger ceremony next year if possible.

I will take care and am feeling slightly better today too. Thanks for writing. :-)

uthman said...

Just wanted to echo Rosa and nod approvingly to your words Helen. Take care.

Helen said...

Thank you!