November 23, 2020

Monday - Rainy and cold


I slept in a bit today, but we all did. F got up around 9:30 and so did I. He and K were off to another funeral event.  I got up as he left and stayed up for the rest of the morning.


I had a fairly quiet time of it. I did some computer stuff and had a big breakfast.  About an hour later, F and K came back bearing more food. 


F came upstairs and changed and he wanted me to come and eat something. I told him that I didn’t really want anything as I’d just eaten.  I did go down a few minutes later and he’d filled up a plate for me, filled up with things that I didn’t want to eat. I redistributed the things that I most didn’t want and played with my food for the rest. I ate a bit, but not everything. F and I had an argument about food again. I had hoped to take him out for a nice meal or something for his birthday and he was talking about eating more funeral food for dinner. Not what I hoped.


I washed my dishes and then went back upstairs and went to bed. When F came back I did apologize to him but he still was mad at me. I slept for a while, but woke up after a couple of hours.


When we woke up and got up, F asked if I’d like to go out and I said that I’d like to buy him a piece of cake for his birthday. After a while, we went out to have some. We drove to Komeda Coffee and had their cake set. We each had the same thing, decaf coffee and almond cake. 


We came back to the house afterwards and came back upstairs. After a while, F asked if I’d like to go out. He suggested one place which would have been fine, but I didn’t think it was open right now. He called them and there was no answer. He changed his mind and suggested the Korean restaurant nearby. They were still open, so he called a taxi and off we went. We kind of had to avoid K on the way out, she wasn’t too happy with us leaving.


We went to the restaurant and looked at the menu. We were the only customers! F suggested a kind of Yakiniku, so that’s what we had. We also had a plate of gyoza each and we were given some kimchi starters as well. We also had a couple of drinks. I had one, F had two.  It was really nice actually. After we told F that it was his birthday, she brought over some persimmon for us too.


When we finished our meal, we paid and left. We had decided to walk back to the house. It wasn’t too far really. We made a stop at the convenience store and then came back to the house. I’m sure we were back by 9:30 or close to that. 


We came upstairs and had a bit of a rest. I finished my latest craft ball and then took a break. F had another drink I think and I had some tea.  He’s in bed sleeping now and I am not!


I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. The original plan was to go and get F’s license renewed, but with the funeral and such, he needs a day to recover and relax. I’m not sure when he’s going to go and get it done.


So that was my day. Come back later if you like and hear what we’re going to get up to on Tuesday. Until tomorrow….




No comments: