January 15, 2021

Friday - Sunny and warm


Today was a good day. I got up a little later than usual. F was up early too and went off to the doctor. I spent a quiet morning. I watched the news, I had a little breakfast and drank a little tea. Then, F came back from the doctor.


He wanted to go to his favourite fish restaurant. I wasn’t too keen, but he doesn’t get to go too often (but this was at least the second time this year…). We went and were able to get a table with chairs. Yay. The lunch was okay. Today it was ginger pork and sashimi. 


After lunch we came back to the house so that F could take a shower. He had booked an appointment for himself to have a massage. I was happy because I was going to go to the little mall in our city while he was having it. 


We left the house a little late, but F dropped me off at the mall and I went shopping. I picked up a few new things in the mall. I got a couple of masks at a shop, they are quite stylish, I got some hundred yen shop things and some stuff from the grocery store. Then, I went to the coffee shop and waited for F.


He phoned me when he was done with some not good news. He might have to work tomorrow afternoon. Oh dear. He might also have to work on Sunday. That one I knew about, but it still sucked. 


He came and joined me in the coffee shop and he got us both drinks with my card. He got a call from his office and he doesn’t have to work tomorrow and doesn’t have to work on Sunday. Woot!


We decided to leave finally. We weren’t terribly hungry yet, so thought we’d get K a bento. I sent F off to do that, and I went upstairs to get myself something I saw earlier. I bought myself a new laundry basket at the hundred yen shop. It was 500 yen though. I needed someplace to put my tea. I have so much tea and it is all over the place. I love tea, I really do, but sometimes I just can’t find it. I had kept some of it in a little paper bag, but the bag fell apart and was too ripped up to repair.


We met up again and drove back to the house. F gave his mother her bento and then the two of us went out for our dinner.


We had decided on the local Korean restaurant. It was empty when we got there, so that was nice for us, not so much for the owner. We had a good meal. We had some yakiniku, some Korean style sushi, a chichimi and some gyoza. It was all very nice.


We just came back to the house when we were done. However, F wanted to go out again when he got back to get himself some beer. I stayed in to get ready for my shower. 


The rest of the evening was very quiet. I showered and then watched a bit of late-night TV. I followed that up with the news I missed when we were out. F seemed to fall asleep quite early and has been asleep for a while.


Tomorrow morning we have a doctor visit to endure and then we have the rest of the weekend. I’m not sure what is going to happen. At one point, F was talking about going to Yamagata, but we might go in a few weeks so I’m not sure what the point would be. Still, it could be interesting!


Come back later if you want to hear all about my Saturday. Until tomorrow….


No comments: