February 23, 2021

Tuesday - Snowy, cold, windy-brrr


I slept a bit late this morning since it was a national holiday. F slept in too, but got up and made brunch for his mother. Of course, he didn’t give her any of my nice food from yesterday. Boo!


We went out for lunch and had a bit of a spat over where to go. He told me not to care about the state of his stomach and to pick where I wanted to go. I said I wanted Indian food, so that’s what we had. We went to the newer Indian restaurant and had an okay meal. It wasn’t fabulous, but I was glad that it had different flavours from Japanese food!


After the meal we were both feeling quite good!  We drove to Sakata and went to the Sakata City Art Museum to see the Chihiro Iwasaki exhibition. F and I had seen many of her pictures when we were in Nagano a few years ago, but it was nice to see them in a local setting. We stopped and had a drink after seeing the pictures, and then I bought a few postcards.




We popped over to visit my friend. There were two cars outside so there wasn’t anywhere to park. I told F I’d be right back, so I visited her and she told me to have him park down the street. I got him to do that, and went back in. We really only planned to say hi because it was getting late and we thought her children might be getting hungry. However, we ended up staying for tea or hot chocolate and watched the end of Coco. We all left around 6 or 6:30. 


F suggested going to a new sushi place in Sakata, we don’t have one of them in Tsuruoka. We went and it was okay. It wasn’t as much fun as Kula Sushi, but the food was probably a little better. 


We drove back to Tsuruoka and went to the grocery store. I’m afraid I snoozed a bit on the way. In a car, I just fall asleep these days.


At the grocery store, I got some things for tomorrow’s lunch and dinner and Thursday’s. My plan is to have baked chicken and ravioli tomorrow and then use the leftover sauce from the ravioli to make pizza with on Thursday. I hope that K will be okay with pizza! We haven’t really tried her with it. 


At the house tonight, K was still back when we got here. It was around 9 pm so I was surprised. F gave her the bento we bought and spent a bit of time with her. I put away the groceries and then came upstairs. I took a shower later and then watched Prodigal Son. I enjoyed it, as much as I can enjoy a show about serial killers.


F is in bed, but I’m not sure that he’s sleeping. He has his computer open on my side of the bed, so that’s something I’m looking forward to moving - not. 


Anyway, I’m out of here. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: