February 25, 2021

Thursday - Sunny and warmish


I admit it, I slept in today. F told me last night that he’d probably not go to work today, so I took him at his word. I slept late, but he had already gone to his doctor. He was gone for a while, long enough for me to have my late breakfast.


When F came back he asked me about lunch, then said he wasn’t hungry. Five minutes later, he said that he’d like to go out for lunch! We went to his favourite fish restaurant, at my suggestion and had a nice meal. F had sashimi and I had the tempura set meal. Mine was really nice, it almost surprised me!


After lunch, we made a brief stop at a drugstore and then we went to my hair dresser. I wanted to see if I could get my hair cut. I could, so I let F know to come back in an hour. Over the next 45 minutes or so, I got my hair cut. I even cut my tail off, or asked her to do it. She really didn’t want to, she didn’t think I was serious and I had to convince her that I meant it! With going to have a couple of days teaching next week, I thought I’d better look more professional!


She finished cutting my hair early so I walked to the mall and called F to let him know to meet me there. He called me back when I was in the mall. He wasn’t feeling that great again and had made a pit stop. 


He picked me up in the mall, we spent a couple of minutes there and then went back to the car. We drove back to the house. When we arrived, F announced that he would fix the antenna. After checking that he really was up to it, I let him do it. 


He accessed the roof from our bedroom and spent a goodly amount of time outside putting the antenna back in place and securing it. I’m really glad that he did it, I was worried it would fall off the roof in another one of our wind storms.


When he finished it was a bit after 5. I asked him if he wanted me to make dinner and he said he did. Darn! I went downstairs, turned on the heater in the kitchen and then got ready to cook.


Tonight I made pizza. There’s rather a lot of work to be done before you make the pizzas though. I had to chop vegetables and slice meat and cook things or heat things up too. I was busy! Finally, I got one of the pizza bases out of the bag and I realized something. It was too big for my oven! Oh no!  I basically just folded up the extra and left it.  


I covered the base with leftover Alfredo sauce and then I put some mushrooms, grilled chicken and red onion on it. I put it in the pre-heated toaster oven and set it for 5 minutes. I called F down and started to set the table. When I came back to the kitchen and looked at the pizza it had bubbled up. It got to the point where the base was touching the heating element in the oven. F came in and suggested that I pop the bubble. I did, but the top was a bit burnt! (So was the bottom of the base, but let’s not tell anybody!)


Pizza bubble!

I gave the pizza to F and told him to take it to the living room and cut it! I made a second pizza, this time with bacon and mushroom, cheese and a tiny amount of red onion. It did not bubble up, but did get rather black around the edges. It’s odd because the instructions on the pizza base said to make it hotter than my toaster oven will go. 


Anyway, when I got to the table, a lot of the first pizza was gone. F painstakingly cut the second one and we tucked in. Dinner was good, but F didn’t want a lot of pizza, I was intending to make more pizzas. K stopped after a couple of pieces and F only had a little more. I wanted more, but didn’t go for it. Oh well. I told F that I’d be making pizzas for dinner on Friday too and he said he was okay with that! 


I did the dishes and the clean up. I put away my ingredients and then washed dishes. I listened to news, Pride and Prejudice and then more of Springsteen and Obama. I enjoyed that.


I went upstairs when I was done and then F and I went out to the grocery store. It was fairly uneventful there, except F jammed the money counting machine when we were checking out! The ladies fixed it though. 


We drove over to Komeda Coffee and each had a cup of decaf. It was nice to be out and about and relaxing for a change. F actually held my hands for a little while. His hands are always too hot, and mine were cool, which he liked!


We had our drink and then came back to the house. I watched Blindspot and then the news that I missed earlier in the day. F went to bed and has been snoozing for a while. 


So, that’s it for me. I really should get to bed soon. I’m not sure what I’ll do tomorrow, but I really should do some laundry! Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: