March 1, 2021

Monday - Warm and Sunny


I got up this morning almost on time. I made a trip downstairs and then came back and watched the news from my bed. When I watched the news from early on this morning, the tape finished and a movie that I really like came on. Woot! I got up, watched the movie, had breakfast and got on with my day.


Around 2:30 or so I went downstairs and started making a bread pudding. It was rather a comedy of errors. I had seen the recipe on a website but I couldn’t access it today. I tried on my computer but it was behind a paywall. I had to pick a different recipe. Oh well. However, the kitchen was not in a tidy state. F and K make such a mess in the kitchen and they don’t clean it up. I did what I could but I don’t think it is fair that they mess it up and I am supposed to fix it for them. It isn’t my house, which they let me know all the time. 


Anyway, I got on with the bread pudding. I thought I’d halve the recipe as there wasn’t much bread. Or so I thought. I heated up some milk and butter, then tore up the bread into the baking dish. It was nearly full. I decided to add extra milk, to make it about the full size. I did a bunch of stuff and left it in the fridge to absorb the eggs and milk. I had added some chocolate chips and some craisins too. 


Then I had to make my lunch too! It was so late today. F popped by while I was making lunch and grabbed a piece of leftover pizza from Friday. He was picking up my old washing machine which he decided to donate to his office. I suppose I should be happy about that.


I watched the news and then a documentary on NHK about blobs. It was very interesting. I do have to give NHK credit for putting on good stuff at 5 pm. 


F called to say he was on his way and would be back soon. He also asked if I’d like to go out later tonight to check a place he had to drive to on Tuesday. I said I would.


I started making dinner. I baked the bread pudding, and did most of the other food on the stove. Tonight I did the last of the Brussels sprouts and also we had some sausages/wieners. I had got a nice salad from the grocery store last night, so we had that with a couple of add-ons. F and his mother got rice too. 


Dinner was okay. It wasn’t special or anything, but we did have dessert tonight. My bread pudding was rather nice. The chocolate chips had melted and made the thing rather decadent, it was a bit custardy too. I enjoyed it. 


After dinner I did the dishes. I listened to the news from Canada then a long chapter of Pride and Prejudice. I finished the dishes and got the plastic garbage ready to go out. While I was putting it in the genkan for later, K told me that F had left his car keys in the car. I went upstairs and told him. He knew that already, he’d left them there because we were going out. 


I changed and out we went. I thought we were just going around Tsuruoka, I was surprised to find out that we were going to Sakata. I wasn’t too happy if I’m honest as I wanted to get to bed a bit earlier than usual. Hmm. Nope.


We drove off towards Sakata. On the way, F was leaving a smaller road and trying to get onto the main, busy road. Even though there were times when no traffic was on the main road, the lights didn’t change. We were stuck there for 7 or 8 minutes. So weird.


F drove to the right place, was happy and then we headed back. We did make a quick stop in Sakata at a convenience store for drinks for the car. 


Back at the house I took a shower and then settled in with my computer. F and I chatted from time to time but he’s gone to bed. 


I think tomorrow will be a different sort of day as I have an appointment in the mall. I have to catch an early-ish bus and I hope to have lunch somewhere too. 


That’s it for me for tonight. Come back later if you like and hear about my Tuesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: