April 10, 2021

Saturday - Sunny but cool


Today wasn’t a great day at all. I’m rather ticked off about it. F wouldn’t make any plans yesterday which is always a mistake for us. I didn’t have anything that I needed today either so we were a bit aimless today.


I got up late, F made brunch for his mother and then came back up to bed. I was all dressed up in a cute outfit and was ready to go for lunch, but F went to bed. Instead of talking about where to go, he decided not to go anywhere. I get that he wasn’t feeling well, but I wanted to eat something. 


I grabbed my very late breakfast and then had that in my half of the room. I closed the doors and ate breakfast. I was quite annoyed for a while, but I had some tea and then started to feel sad for F. I opened the door, offered him some tea and a TimTam and we started talking again. Whew! 


He suggested going to the Aquarium. I thought it was a good idea, in fact, I had thought about going there for our lunch, but that didn’t work out.


We drove to the Aquarium and had a pretty good time going through the place. I took tons of photos, which reminds me that I should have posted some today! Oops. The Aquarium wasn’t too busy today, but people would either not move, or would get too close. I hate that! The octopus was quiet today and didn’t move much so that was rather sad. I didn’t take any pictures of it.


We had a nice time there and then left. We drove into Tsuruoka and had a drink at the Doutors in the big tourist area. We had to sit in the food court area to drink our drinks.  


When we were done, F started driving and I didn’t know where he was planning on going. He was going to go to the house. Hmm. I didn’t mind if he was getting medicine, but he wasn’t. I told him I was hungry and he told me that I should have told him. I thought it would be obvious since I had only eaten breakfast and not much else, but, I did what he said and I said “I’m hungry, I need something to eat!”


We ended up going to his favourite fish restaurant. In the evening they are more of an izakaya, which was sad because they didn’t have set meals.  F had a mountain of fish donburi and I had grilled tuna cheeks and an onigiri. They were good, at least the tuna was. 


We picked up a few things at a grocery store, mostly for K’s dinner, but I also got a little bit of fried chicken. 


We came back to the house and I put away the groceries, F gave his mother food and we came upstairs. 


We had a quiet evening and didn’t do very much at all. I watched a show at 11pm and did a little crochet. It went swimmingly until I found a knot in the yarn. Grr!


It’s now really late and I need to get this blog done so I can get to bed. Or something!  Come back later if you will and hear all about my Sunday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: