April 9, 2021

Friday - Sunny but cold. Snow has been forecast!


I woke F up by accident when I went to bed last night. He wasn’t upset but said he might not fall asleep again.  He did but woke up early.  This morning, he didn’t go to work. He texted them and said that he is taking off the morning to go to the doctor.  And then, he did!


I had my usual morning at the house. I watched the news and then grabbed my breakfast and ate it. F had called on his way back to ask if I wanted to go out for breakfast but I said no.  He came back and made something for his mother, his own brunch and then he went to work. 


I had a fairly good afternoon. I watched some YouTube and did some crochet. When the time came, I went downstairs and made my lunch. I also gave K a plate that I made last night for her.  I’m so nice!


I went upstairs, watched another episode of The Walking Dead. Yay, nobody died this episode either.  I need to get more of it off the DVR. 


I went down to the kitchen around 5:45 to get a start on dinner. Tonight I was doing a fairly easy one, pasta with sautéed shrimp, and salad. I had to defrost the shrimp too and wash the lettuce. No big deal really. F came back while I was getting things ready, so I could cook the actual spaghetti. 


Dinner was very well received and most of it got eaten up! I had bought a container of mini-tomatoes that was full. I’d washed them and so many of them disappeared! I didn’t have any, F only had a couple…K really likes them.


After dinner, I cleared the table and started doing the dishes. F came to “help” but immediately started using the wrong sponge and got quite shirty when I asked him to use the correct one. He got angry, so I told him that I would do the dishes. 


I did. I listened to a couple of podcasts and then when I was done, I went upstairs. F didn’t seem to be angry so I suggested going out for a coffee or staying in and watching a movie. He didn’t want to watch a film, so said that he’d go for coffee.


We ended up at Komeda Coffee and had our coffee with some dessert. We both had the same thing, decaf coffee with the custard cake. It was nice.  The coffee shop was very quiet tonight, which is a good thing for us. 


We left a few minutes before the coffee shop closed and came back to the house.  I took a shower fairly soon and then watched a little YouTube. I thought F had gone to bed, but around 2 we had quite a good chat for a while. He’s sleeping now I think.


And that was my day. I have no idea what we’ll get up to this weekend. We might run a few errands or we might get some rest. I have no idea. Come back later and find out! Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: