April 11, 2021

Sunday - Clear and sunny, cool


I woke up this morning when F got up. He told me that he was going to take his mother to the onsen and wanted me to know where he was going. Unfortunately, I fell asleep afterwards, and didn’t wake up until my alarm went off, over an hour later! 


I got up, got dressed and took care of a personal chore that was long delayed. I also swept the stairs because they really needed it. I don’t like to do it when K is around, I’m not sure why!


F came back a bit after 12 with his mother. I think they had a bite to eat downstairs before he came upstairs. He did ask if I wanted to go out today and of course, I did. I suggested trying the izakaya in the station. I thought it was open for lunch and if it wasn’t we could still go to Foodever in the same area. He liked that idea, so off we went.


He parked the car in Marica and we walked over to the station. The izakaya was open and we went in. After we had our temperatures taken and used the alcohol spray, we sat down and looked at the menu. Happily for me, there were a few meat options on the menu and for F there were a lot of fish options. He picked a tuna donburi and I picked a spicy Korean-style fried chicken meal. Mine was fine, his wasn’t up to his standards. (Have I ever mentioned how impossible it is to find a restaurant that is up to his standards?)


After our meal, we went to Champion, his favourite hardware store so he could get a belt. He’s broken another one. I want him to just spend the money and get a good one, but he refuses and buys crap ones. I don’t have to wear it so that’s okay. 


We looked for a coffee shop in the area, and I found one through Siri. We went to it, but it wasn’t open today. Sigh. After that, we just went to Starbucks! We both had frappuccinos, no big deal.


F had a massage booked for himself for 4 pm, so he had to leave. He dropped me off at S-Mall and I went in.  I did a little window shopping and wandered around. I did buy a few things in the hundred yen shop, but nothing too exciting. I got a replacement laundry bag for one that broke its zipper last week. I got a couple, one is a cute cat-shaped one!


Usually, when F is ready to pick me up he calls me and then joins me in Doutor. However, today I decided not to go in at all. I had already had a nice coffee shop experience so I didn’t have to have another one. When F called, I asked him if he wanted to go to Doutor and he said it didn’t matter. Then he asked me if there was a movie playing. I told him there was around 6:30 pm, but reminded him that Monday was a workday for him. He said it didn’t matter and it was a fairly early film so he’d be okay. 


He picked me up at the mall and we went off to the supermarket to get a bento for K. We delivered it to the house and then went out again. 


We drove over to the Mall and went in. We bought our tickets and then some popcorn and went in to see Monster Hunter. The movie was supremely dumb, but since it was F’s first movie of the year and my second, we weren’t too picky. It was okay. 


After the movie, we left the mall and drove to Gusto. We had a late dinner. On the way there, F said he wasn’t hungry, but he ended up having a bigger meal than I did!  He had beef on rice and I had beef on a bun, they called it a burger, but it wasn’t really. I had an order of fries on the side too. F had a few. We had drink bar as well. 


We hit up MaxValu for groceries. I’m going to make tacos tomorrow and some kind of chicken thing on Tuesday. If I have leftover tortillas I may make quesadillas later in the week, since I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube about how to do it!


We came back to the house and I put away the groceries with F’s help. Then he went upstairs and I sorted out the garbage for tomorrow. There was a really disgusting fish stinking up the fridge that didn’t get thrown out last week, so I did the garbage today especially to get it out!


I decided not to take a shower tonight but did come upstairs to watch the newest season of Project Runway. The first episode was quite good and there are some interesting people competing. 


So that’s it for me. F went to bed and fell asleep with the lights on, so I turned them off for him. Tomorrow, I’m not sure what I’ll get up to. I hope to be able to do a bit of laundry and maybe a bit of crochet. Come back later if you want and read all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: