April 8, 2021

Thursday - Sunny but a little muggy, rain at night


I woke up this morning and F had already left for work. I went downstairs and then came back up. I put the news on and half-watched, half-dozed through it. I snoozed on a bit but did manage to get myself up and sorted before yesterday’s time. Woot!


I did a couple of loads of laundry today and hung them up in my room. I watched the news from early on and a little bit of YouTube. 


I grabbed lunch and also gave K some of yesterday’s leftovers. She seemed quite happy to get them. I brought my lunch upstairs and when the video I was watching finished I watched an episode of The Walking Dead and hurray, nobody died!


F texted me around 5 pm tonight and said that he would try and go to his doctor. A little later he called and said that his doctor was closed but he had to work late anyway. He wouldn’t be back until 7 at the earliest, but probably 8 pm.


I went downstairs and started getting ready for dinner. Tonight it was chicken nuggets with a homemade honey-mustard sauce, steamed vegetables, salad, beets and anchovy potatoes. I was a bit busy getting things ready, but eventually, it all got done. F wasn’t back yet though. I decided to go ahead with dinner. I tried to explain to K that F was still working and should be back around 8 pm. It was around 7 at this time. 


We had a nice meal and we really enjoyed it. K really seemed to like it!  We finished and I took our plates out to the kitchen. I was just going to start the dishes when F called to say he was coming back. 


I made him a plate of food and when he came back, he took it to the living room and had dinner. I got on with the dishes.  I reminded him that we should go and get a few things for dinner tomorrow. I finished the dishes and then let F know that I could leave soon. 


I went upstairs and changed my clothes. We went out and drove to Mina, not our usual store. We picked up a few groceries and then checked out. We had a pretty good time. F was being silly! I would go down one aisle looking for him with an armful of stuff and he’d run off to another aisle. 


At the house again we put away the groceries and came upstairs. F went to bed fairly soon, I watched the last episode of Blindspot. It was actually quite good and they made the ending one of those…   “but did it really happen?” things…which I quite liked in the context of the show. 


I did a bit of crochet during the show and then put it away when the show finished. It’s coming along. Yay me.


And that’s about it. Today was a little quiet, but at least I did get laundry done and cooked dinner. Yay me. 


Come back later if you’d like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: