May 13, 2021

Thursday - Sunny and warm


Well, sad to say, today was a lot like yesterday! I had forgotten to set my alarms last night but I woke up anyway. I went downstairs and then came back. I did watch the news this morning but had a little snooze when it was over. 


I had breakfast and saw K in the kitchen. I said good morning to K when she came into the kitchen, but she didn’t say anything to me! In fact, she came over behind me, did something, and then left the room without saying anything. 


I ate my breakfast upstairs and after a little while took a nap. Sigh. I was really tired. I went downstairs to grab lunch but K was in the kitchen so I came back upstairs for a few minutes. 


I went downstairs and made my lunch. K did come in while I was doing that, but I kept on what I was doing. I went back upstairs and watched an episode of The Walking Dead. This was a bad one today. There were quite a few deaths and my favourite character snuffed it…but I think it isn’t a real death yet or something. I’m afeard for him, I really am. 


F called around 5:30 and said that he was going to check out a place for work and would be back around 7 pm. I reminded him that he was cooking the fish tonight. 


I went downstairs around 6 pm, did the dishes and then started making the side dishes for dinner.  I washed the greens for the salad, I made the spicy cucumber dish that we all like, and I did some okra as well. The okra I did after F came back. He wanted to start cooking the fish before he changed, but I asked him to give me a few minutes. Why would you come back from work and cook in your uniform? Yuck. 


When I was ready, I asked F to come down and he did. He cooked some salty salmon for us, and he also did the rice for K and him.  I didn’t have rice.


Dinner was good. I loved my sides, lots of veggies. F’s fish, well, it was a bit meh if I’m honest. It was too salty. I know you are supposed to have rice with it to balance it, but I didn’t. Couldn’t. 


After dinner, I did the dishes and listened to the news and a movie podcast.  On the podcast, they are doing a “road” trip through Canada picking a representative film for each province. They started with British Columbia and decided that Shoot to Kill was the best film that showed BC. I thought it was a reasonably good choice! The thing about Canada in the movies is that we usually do “Fake USA”. There are a lot of films filmed in my province, Alberta, but they are usually pretending to be somewhere else. 


Anyway, when I finished the dishes, I went upstairs and suggested to F that we go out. He finally got ready and we went first to the drugstore and then to the grocery store. I got a few things to go with dinner tomorrow and other things that we needed like garbage bags and salad!


We came back to the house and put away the groceries. We came upstairs and relaxed. F took a shower and I rewatched Project Runway. We also caught a bit of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Not a big fan of Depp in that movie. I do like Freddie Highmore though. 


That’s basically it for my day. I hope to do some laundry tomorrow and catch another episode of The Walking Dead. However, I’m also recording a movie overnight and I would like to watch that too. I don’t know what will actually happen.


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Friday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: